New Contributor

Try to call them during the week.  I have been a TracFone customer for many years. When you call on the weekend you most likely will not get the best service because of overload calls and most likely a language barrier.  The best time to get help is during the week. That's been my experience. This applies to both phone activations and problems!

Honored Contributor

@Gailiv wrote:

Try to call them during the week.  I have been a TracFone customer for many years. When you call on the weekend you most likely will not get the best service because of overload calls and most likely a language barrier.  The best time to get help is during the week. That's been my experience. This applies to both phone activations and problems!

I did purchase a tracfone last year and it was not a good purchase for me.  I had to purchase minutes twice in a short amount of time.  I did have problems purchasing minutes and there was a language barrier.  I waited all day for my number to be transferred.  I called to check and the original guy I spoke to had entered my account incorrectly.  In less than 6 months I purchased another phone at Walmart and got on their family plan.  No more running out of minutes.  If you are not a talker like me LOL I am sure this phone would be fine.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Gailiv wrote:

I did purchase a tracfone last year and it was not a good purchase for me.  I had to purchase minutes twice in a short amount of time.  I did have problems purchasing minutes and there was a language barrier.  I waited all day for my number to be transferred.  I called to check and the original guy I spoke to had entered my account incorrectly.  In less than 6 months I purchased another phone at Walmart and got on their family plan.  No more running out of minutes.  If you are not a talker like me LOL I am sure this phone would be fine.

Hi @sunshine 919. Are you saying you bought another Trackfone (at WalMart) to get onto a plan that auto-refills your talk minutes every month?

If I'm reading this correctly, and that is the case, you could have switched to an auto-refill plan without buying another phone. Trackfone lets you switch around so customers can tailor refills to the way they use their phone.

Their on-air presentations keep hammering on the same things, leaving users to explore and learn so much more at the Trackfone website. I think they do themselves a disservice by giving such a narrow amount of information in their sales pitch to potential customers.

New Contributor

I'm sure there are other good deals, but why buy the minutes when you can upgrade your phone and get 1200-1350 minutes for less than just buying minutes. You have to watch for the deals!  If you don't run out of minutes they rollover your unused minutes and add an extra year to your time! I do this every year and have minimum problems.  Most problems occur on the weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

@Gailiv wrote:

I'm sure there are other good deals, but why buy the minutes when you can upgrade your phone and get 1200-1350 minutes for less than just buying minutes. You have to watch for the deals!  If you don't run out of minutes they rollover your unused minutes and add an extra year to your time! I do this every year and have minimum problems.  Most problems occur on the weekend.

Because "new" phone doesn't necessarily mean "upgrade".

I've never bought additional talk minutes for my TrackFone, but fortunately they allow me to buy several thousand texts each year, far beyond the 1200 or 1350 that came with the phone.

I appreciate that they allow me to customize my purchase to match my use. I wouldn't know that if I didnt seek out more info that they give in the TV sales pitch.

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@Gailiv wrote:

Hi @sunshine 919. Are you saying you bought another Trackfone (at WalMart) to get onto a plan that auto-refills your talk minutes every month?

If I'm reading this correctly, and that is the case, you could have switched to an auto-refill plan without buying another phone. Trackfone lets you switch around so customers can tailor refills to the way they use their phone.

Their on-air presentations keep hammering on the same things, leaving users to explore and learn so much more at the Trackfone website. I think they do themselves a disservice by giving such a narrow amount of information in their sales pitch to potential customers.

No, I am done with tracfones lol.  I bought another regular phone.  Could not use Walmarts service on the tracfone i purchased. I had games on that one so the kids play games on that one.  I didn't want it to be a waste of money totally.

New Contributor

No. Several years ago I switched from an At&t contract plan to TracFone. When you switch companies you lose your minutes, but once you are on TracFone ( not from Walmart) (I have only bought TracFone from QVC, Amazon, and HSN) the deals come with the minutes, and the new upgraded phone!  You get triple talk text & data and the new upgraded phone for the same price as if you just purchased the minutes only!  As long as you stay with TracFone, your minutes will carry over.  You just can't let your minutes run out.  Remember that I lost my at&t minutes when I switched, but it was worth it!  I don't have to buy minutes because they come with the TracFone.  I just ordered an LG TracFone from QVC. It is an upgraded LG phone from the one I have.  It comes with 1350 talk, text, & data, triple minutes for the life of the phone.  Since I already have a TracFone with many minutes, when I receive the new phone and activate it, TracFone will rollover my unused time to the new phone & I will also get the 1350 new minutes that came with the phone!  How can you beat that!  I don't know anything about what Walmart does.  I hope you understood what I just told you. You can't always get these deals, you have to watch for them!