Esteemed Contributor

I have nothing against a variety of styles, but it seems to me everything the Q offers is big, loose, tunic, ankle length (although they always look weird on me 'cause they always seem to go below my anklesWoman Frustrated), pull-on, capri-length, et al.

Guess I'm an old fuddy-duddy (did I get old without realizing it?!!?) but, I'm really longing for classic styles: semi-fitted would be fine, sleeveless, camp-style shirts, shorts (not necessarily clinging), trousers, real shoes (not that ortho/solve-your-problem shoes aren't real - normal street-wear shoes; and blazers (like Jessica Holbrook - with buttons).  So, could your buyers possibly cater to me and others?  (I'm kinda thinking there are others - I am hot aloneWoman Embarassed)

Thanks for listening and possibly granting a few wishes - bring the old Q backWoman Wink!

Oh, and please advise your buyers that length matters!  Petites, talls, regulars - matter!  Thank you.

Honored Contributor
I agree about the shoes...I don't even bother looking at them anymore because they all seem to be orthopedic shoes and are crazy expensive for what they are. Traditional clothing or shoes are just not what the Q thinks their viewers want.
Contributor

Let's add cold shoulder tops and dresses to the list of styles that are over done.

Honored Contributor

Re: Time To Go Back!

[ Edited ]

I would never want to go back to the time when shapeless, boxy, boring, conservative  clothing was all that was show nhere. There are actually more conservative clothing choices here still.  As for the shoes - well it seems that many woman are now going with shoes that they are comfortable in.  Conservative clothing is not as popular anymore and not a big money maker for most companies.   

Honored Contributor

I long for basic top design that was a cotton kint of a type and not of that super thin, clingy, stretchy fabric that shows every little ounce of flesh!  Also, I loved when tops just skimmed and came to like the hip bone.  I don't really like things that are thin and clingy and accentuate the stomach and hip area.  I am not a large person but muy stomach and hips are certainly not my best features! I don't mind a tunic style top occasionally but I don't want this every day either.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I don't buy shoes at Q either.  I can always find them for less money and free shipping elsewhere.  My favorite site is shoesdotcom but I do shop at others too.  Shoes has lots of promotions and once you get on their email list, you get better promos.  

Valued Contributor

I also would love to see real trousers offered, you know the kind with a button and fly and didn't look sausage casing.  Also pants and slacks that are not tapered and so skinny your eyes immediately go to your hips.  I'm not talking about those ugly pant-suit type pants with elastic waists, but dressy trousers in nice material.  In a variety of lengths.  You'd think that QVC's top designer has such an extensive past as a pants maker, she could come up with some new styles.  I'd also like to see a better variety of tops.  Really can nobody come up with anything other than an open-front cascading "cardigan"?  Or a cold-shoulder, peplum, shark-bite, high-low tee shirt that even makes the xxs models look bad?  If people are willing to spend $70 to $90 on polyester , I'm sure there's a market for a premium line of nicer materials  and styles.

Honored Contributor
Zappos and 6pm.com are my faves for shoes.
Honored Contributor

I am glad that I still can wear a lot of my clothes from years ago....I don't wear leggings and I am not a fan of the long tunic tops....I am 5'5" and most of the tops are to long  on me, not a good look.  

I also prefer slightly fitted items, the flowy things make me feel like Maude from The Golden Girls.

I ordered shoes once from QVC, they did not fit and decided never to order shoes again, I need to try on, just like pants.....I have a few pair from QVC but again, have sent many back because of the fit.  It's just to expensive to order to try on and return.

Honored Contributor

I would love trousers with an actual waist band and a petite fit. The last trousers I bought from the Q was probably 15 years or more ago and they sold them as petite, but the rise was still 2 or 3 inches too long. SG needs to start making real trousers again.