Respected Contributor

How about instead of showing 1-10 pages on the main page, allowing us to go directly to pages 1-10 of each thread, you include "last" so we can go directly to the most recent posts?  It would be really helpful on those long, loooooonnnngggggg threads. 

Thanks for your consideration! 🙂

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
QVC Customer Care

@PurpleBunny wrote:

How about instead of showing 1-10 pages on the main page, allowing us to go directly to pages 1-10 of each thread, you include "last" so we can go directly to the most recent posts?  It would be really helpful on those long, loooooonnnngggggg threads. 

Hi @PurpleBunny

Have you tried going into your Settings/Preferences/Topic Layout?  This will give you the option to sort your topics by oldest or newest first.

Hope this helps!

Barb

Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

Hi @PurpleBunny

Have you tried going into your Settings/Preferences/Topic Layout?  This will give you the option to sort your topics by oldest or newest first.

Hope this helps!

Barb

Customer Care

Duh!  NO!  I did not think of that.  Dumb bunny!  Thanks Barb!

*slinks away in embarrassment*

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
QVC Customer Care

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@Barbara-QVC wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

Hi @PurpleBunny

Hope this helps!

Barb

Customer Care

Duh!  NO!  I did not think of that.  Dumb bunny!  Thanks Barb!

*slinks away in embarrassment*

@PurpleBunny - no reason to slink away - just "hop" on over to your settings and you will be good to go!

Barb

Customer Care

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Barbara-QVC

********🐇***********🐇**************🐇************🐇

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thread Page Numbering

[ Edited ]

@PurpleBunny, another option you can choose is in my settings, preferences, linear layout.  Scroll to the bottom, just above the save box, and check jump to first unread post in a topic.  Don't forget to save.

If you do that no matter how long or short a thread is when you open it you will be taken to the last post you read which may or may not be the last post of the thread.

Displaying the posts showing newest first could cause you to miss a number of posts without scrolling down to find where you left off.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Re: Thread Page Numbering

[ Edited ]

@PurpleBunny, Here's another option.  To go directly to the last post on a thread, if you've already chosen a subforum like "Recipes" you'll see the latest post date/time in the far right column of the thread list.   (The date/time format will either be "Relative," such as 5 minutes ago, or "Absolute," such as 1-26-17 6:30 PM, selected in our "Preferences" under "Display.")  

Click/tap on the date/time.   Here's an example:

Choose latest post

If you've decided, instead, to click on the thread title, then simply click/tap the number immediately preceding the word "Next" at the top of the open thread.   This takes you directly to the last page in the thread.   Example:

Choose last page

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny. I use the first example that dooBdoo showed. Just tap the date above the name to the right of the page. Soooo easy. I went crazy getting to the last post, now it's so easy!

Honored Contributor

proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@PurpleBunny. I use the first example that dooBdoo showed. Just tap the date above the name to the right of the page. Soooo easy. I went crazy getting to the last post, now it's so easy!

Hi, @proudlyfromNJ!    I know how you felt! 🙃  I think all of us were stumped at first when the new platform was launched.   I like the fact that we have so many more customizable options/features than we did on the old format but at the same time it can make navigating the options more complicated.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

Oh my goodness!  Thank you all for the great suggestions. You are all so savvy - color me impressed!  I really need to study this forum more because I have sooooooo much more to learn!!!!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )