Honored Contributor

While I love buffalo check, I'd never wear it for anything other than pajamas.  I wear an XL or 16 petite bottom and it'd make me look huge.  

Respected Contributor

Everytime I buy something in a buffallo check I end up returning it.  I wear a small but find those big checks consume me.

Respected Contributor

The skirt was pretty and I wear a 3X, but that particular print on me would look like I'm wearing a restaurant tablecloth. But I'd still like to see someone my size model it anyway.

I suspect QVC and the other shopping channels don't use 3X models even though the designers say they use a 3X fit model testing the clothes before they make it to air, is because we'd get a negative reaction from viewers seeing a bigger plus-size model. We already have one certain poster on the board who feels larger plus sizes look hideous no matter what they wear and doesn't like watching them, so I don't think the channels are going to risk it, as I've heard using models above a 1X make sales go down. 

Frequent Contributor

I thought she looked beautiful. The pattern and the shape on her was nice. The skirt does flair out, so it does make the bottom wider. But I thought it was a flattering sillouette. 

Valued Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

The skirt was pretty and I wear a 3X, but that particular print on me would look like I'm wearing a restaurant tablecloth. But I'd still like to see someone my size model it anyway.

I suspect QVC and the other shopping channels don't use 3X models even though the designers say they use a 3X fit model testing the clothes before they make it to air, is because we'd get a negative reaction from viewers seeing a bigger plus-size model. We already have one certain poster on the board who feels larger plus sizes look hideous no matter what they wear and doesn't like watching them, so I don't think the channels are going to risk it, as I've heard using models above a 1X make sales go down. 

@Cumbercookie13 Thanks for the feedback.  As for the rest of your post it's all very sad.