New Contributor

I have purchased over the years many pieces of temptations for myself and my daughters. I do love it and that is just about all I use.  I have never had problems until now.  within 2 weeks i had 2 lids to break and crack into.  The oven was only at 375 and they advertise everyday good to 500.  I call customer service and they directed me to Temptations replace.  Ofcourse they will replace..BUT they want me to pay them to send them to me.  I have spent several hundred dollars on temptation products that has help to build her business and put money in her pocker as well as QVC.  And she cannot spend the money to ship my replacement.  I have been very good advertisement for her and sure that has helped her because i have many friends who have purchased as i am sure others have.  when you keep customers happy you will make more money.....instead of continuing to bleed the customer.  You would have easily made that shippment cost back in other purchases.  It was only LIDS.  I am very dissappointed in who I thought she was.  I had already heard complaints of the attitude .  I continued to defend but I guess is no different.  I have NEVER paid for someone to send me a replacement for something that was not what they said they were selling. Upsetting because i do love Temptations. Hope they improve the product even more after this happened. Or do not say something is what it is not.  Sad  

Honored Contributor

Re: Temptatilon replacements

The Temptations website says the customer must pay S&H "to ensure that your free replacement piece gets to you safely, and so we can continue to offer such an extensive warranty to all of our customers."  Huh?  Sounds kind of lame.

Honored Contributor

I don't think I would want a replacement.  I would be afraid the baker would crack in two in the oven next.  I would quit using them.  

I bought a set of two one time years ago.  When I started reading the stories about them cracking in two in the oven I threw them away.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I agree - I would go with the 'lesson learned' on this one.  

The way they put that, as posted here, with the whole 'it's FREE but we charge you $10 to make sure we can safely ship it to you' - OMG, that's about as disingenuous as it could possibly get.

Although I'm not a fan of this product line, I could have a little respect for them if they just stated it the way it is - Replacements are $10 per piece.  period.  (or it was $9.98 or $9.95 - sorry I forgot the exact amount - but the point was made)

Trusted Contributor

Shipping costs money.  It is not free.  Paying to ship the replacement is not unreasonable.

The company is not asking you to prove the product was defective.  They  ould easily claim that the damage was due to misuse and refuse to replace the pieces.  They are not.  They are providing you with brand=new lids and only ask that you pay to cover shipping, handling, and insurance.

I thik someone is being unreasonable, and it is not Temp-tations,

Occasional Contributor

I too have Temptations!  I have several pieces, but not a lot.  I found when I first started baking in them my cookies burnt and were not baked on the inside.  I decided to not use them for baking but instead only for serving.  I found Rachel Ray products to be far superiour to Temptations.  They are prettier and I can bake anything in them and they come out perfect.  I would recommend Rachel Ray products over Temptations any day.

Contributor

Is this the person I used to work with where that woman would shake a ruler in our faces, and they separated us, lol?

Trusted Contributor

Things must have changed in the Temptations replacement policy. My story goes as far back as when they offered the polka dot. I ordered a bakeware set of three and one was broken during shipment. I called QVC and I wasn't referred to anyone. I offered to send it back, but they told me to just keep it, and a replacement set would be sent out. 

True to their word, I got it in record speed. I have baked and baked and baked with mine and nothing has happened, but I do think Temptations was better quality back then, so that is probably the difference. I collect some of the floral lace and the polka dot is better quality.