Trusted Contributor

Discontinued Brands and Products

I think it would be a great idea for QVC to have a section letting shoppers know when an item or product line has been discontinued.  I see question after question on the boards pertaining to "what happened to this and that". If it is mentioned during a presentation it may not be heard by everyone who later may be looking for that item.  It could be a simple link at the bottom of the page.  Today I was looking for Tracfone and saw there were no Tracfones available???  Went to the boards and others were wondering as well.  Found some comments that may have explained why but it would be nice to officially hear from Q. if this line is discontinued or when it will return.  This is my preferred place to shop and I always check here first.  But I am frustrated with "checking back and checking back" for an item I have loved and am waiting for it to come back in stock.  I don't find contacting vendor via FB too successful for getting questions answered. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Discontinued Brands and Products

While I can see how this might be convenient for some, I think it would be problematic for QVC.

First, you have the issue that products come and go with QVC.  QVC, at one time, sold Le Creuset.  They stopped, and they began to refer to it as "Le Losa Bucks" when marketing their own enamel-covered cast iron.  Now it is back.   The same has happened with T-Fal, once a mainstay of kitchen shows here, it was done away with with the advent of Cooks Essentials; now it occasionally comes back.  This happens, too, with multiple other types of merchandise.

Second, and perhaps more importantly, by listing discontinued merchandise, it will send QVC shoppers searching elsewhere.  Look at the products which were once on QVC but are now on other shopping channels.  By listing these as discontinued, it will ultimately send people to other shopping channels (i.e. competitors).

So this may be convenient for you, it would not make business sense for QVC to do so, and QVC ultimately is in business to make money.