Regular Contributor

I'm so happy when designers do tagless clothes. Otherwise I end up taking tiny scissors to cut them out, hoping I don't put a hole in the garment. If the designer insists on their label, perhaps they could put it in a side seam instead.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree... I have to get out the seam ripper and hope I don't

poke a hole in the garment .... they always itch my neck .... love

tagless .....

Respected Contributor

I agree 100%. I just know that as I age my skin seems more sensitive to small irritations. Sometimes I feel like The Princess & the Pea. I just know that after washing a garment the first thing I do is take a seam ripper to the tag.

Respected Contributor

And yes I know first world problems .....I get it ...

Honored Contributor

I agree. I can't stand tags on the back of my neck!

Esteemed Contributor

This is a pet peeve of mine also.  I have very sensitive skin and I literally get a rash sometimes from irritating tags.  Maybe they wouldn't be so bad if they actually used a better quality material for them and soft thread instead of fishing line!!!   

I do remove most of them the best I can but have actually ruined some clothing trying.

Esteemed Contributor

Have a special little pair of evil, pointed scissors just for this.  Not much better when they are on the side.

Occasional Contributor

On a positive note, I've noticed more clothing items using substitutes for tags. Usually printing directly on the fabric. I used to think it was tacky to remove labels, but now I opt for comfort. 

Earlier this year I bought a shrug with a label that drove me crazy. I finally took it off at work and used the office scissors to remove. Ended up with two decent size holes. I watched a video on YouTube that showed how to close them up. It doesn't look as good as the one in the video, but at least I can still wear it.

Honored Contributor

Yes, always wear reading glasses, even though you might be thinking that you don't need them just this one time......

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

The tags on the side bother me as much if not more.  I hate to cut them off because it is a permanent record of size if I want to buy something similar.