Honored Contributor

TOPIC SUGGESTION!!!

[ Edited ]

Here's a suggestion...... for what its worth....Change the WELLNESS category to HEALTH AND WELLNESS..... and post an announcement that all threads and topics relating to the pandemic, vaccines, and covid should be posted under the HEALTH AND WELLNESS TOPIC....Some of us are wanting a reprieve from all the numerous and duplicate threads regarding covid, vaccines, and the pandemic and are looking for something else to discuss ... Someone even started a separate thread that they got the vaccine, ....good for them, but a SEPARATE thread called "Done" is unnecessary!!!  This was after they had already posted a topic on vaccines. There are so many of what I consider duplicates on this subject!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: TOPIC SUGGESTION!!!

[ Edited ]

@Spurt  When these boards first became inundated with all things virus, there were several suggestions for a forum to discuss all aspects of the subject. Obviously, that went nowhere. Your suggestion is a good compromise but one very much doubts any changes will be made. The powers that be seem content to have uncontained discussion of the pandemic, while the focus is upon containing what is somewhat broadly viewed as argumentative and political content.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Re: TOPIC SUGGESTION!!!

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt  When these boards first became inundated with all things virus, there were several suggestions for a forum to discuss all aspects of the subject. Obviously, that went nowhere. Your suggestion is a good compromise but one very much doubts any changes will be made. The powers that be seem content to have uncontained discussion of the pandemic, while the focus is upon containing what is somewhat broadly viewed as argumentative and political content.

@stevieb 

Your probably right, I thought I'd give it a try since I appreciated the job being done on other topics.....(the "my pillow" threads, for example, how many times have people tried to bring this up....🙄)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt   That's a good idea.  There have been a lot of vaccine posts.  They're interesting but becoming tiresome.

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Spurt   That's a good idea.  There have been a lot of vaccine posts.  They're interesting but becoming tiresome.

I wouldn't even call them interesting at this point. And as the OP said,most are duplicate threads & posts of the same stuff.

Super Contributor

When the pandemic started last year, there were so many separate "my trip to the grocery store" threads (and still are).

Now there are many separate "I got an appointment for the vaccine" and "I got my vaccine" and "I got my second vaccine" threads.

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Dog wrote:

When the pandemic started last year, there were so many separate "my trip to the grocery store" threads (and still are).

Now there are many separate "I got an appointment for the vaccine" and "I got my vaccine" and "I got my second vaccine" threads.

Yeah, for sure. So many duplicate threads posted of "Went to store and saw people not wearing masks", and on and on.  Now it's umpteen thousand threads & posts of  "I got the vaccine."   

Respected Contributor

I think the problem results because people fail to do a forum search before posting a new topic. Maybe some don't realize they can? If everyone did, it would be a non-issue.

If everyone would have posted on the same topic, when someone first announced obtaining the vaccine, it would have cut down on repeated separate topics. Obviously for all topics, as well. For me, having all replies under one topic adds some continuity that can be lost otherwise, making it a good thing. But, it's not likely to happen.

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch I agree there are too many duplicate threads on many topics resulting from users not even looking to see what has gone before, much less doing a search... That said, I don't think either would much impact the virus/vaccine threads... It seems everyone wants their own 'fifteen minutes' and they've been allowed to take on a life of their own. The only monitoring of them seems to be when posts turn testy or someone wants to segue into a discussion of personalities or politics... At this point, attempts at reigning them in are probably too little too late...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt - Sadly, the moderators have noted that there are currently no options for changing or adding to the structure of the forums due to technology issues—so we're stuck with what we have.