New Contributor

Susan your prices are getting so expensive really $64 for a liquid knit top.   I like your liquid knit but afraid with your prices going up and up I won't be buying them anymore.  And please can you stop talking so much and saying the same thing over and over again.  You always say women are talking to me and telling me they love my liquid knit but you're not listening to them that the prices are getting out of line.  Thanks

Respected Contributor

I am probably a newer customer to the Susan Graver line than most of the women that buy items, I only really started buying her items a couple of years ago. But, still I tend to agree about the pricing - what was maybe a thirty six dollar shirt is now more like fifty six, etc. I liked the fact she had updated her line a bit, reaching out to those with less conservative taste. That seems to have been a big jump price wise - maybe, because it did not seem to gradually go up, it just JUMPED up - I am sure fabrics and manufacturing costs have gone up though, to what extent I do not know, but we can be sure that she is making a very hefty profit. I do buy a few of her items from time to time though if they happen to jump out at me. 

-Texas Hill Country-
Contributor

Yes, the prices can be high but they are in line with quality dept store pieces. The difference for me is - when I shop a department store I am likely to have a code, coupon, friends & family sale or something that provides a discount of at least 20%. At QVC I have to "catch" a one time only price, buy more save etc to lower the price of something I am purchasing. Add to that the shipping!..as most dept stores offer free shipping with a certain amount of purchase. So..the $50 QVC item will for the most part be $55 with shipping an the same quality $50 item at a dept store will be $40. If I am in the market to purchase three $50 clothing items the cost at QVC could be $165 v. $120 at the dept store. $45 difference is a lot!! I could buy another item with that. Wish that QVC would offer some sort of pricing rewards to their shoppers other than ezpay.

Honored Contributor

Re: Susan Graver

[ Edited ]

She's on 3-4 times today. I'm going  out shopping

A269223  still no measurement chart. Unbelievable.

Honored Contributor

As long as you can find what satisfies for less elsewhere, that's where you need to go.

I can't very often do that. 

I bought 2 poly tops from a NYDJ's sale rack a few months back -  even on sale, above Graver prices.  I'd have gladly bought more, but unlike QVC - that brand offers few colors I can wear.

Price, colors, fabric, workmanship, durability -  I've found it hard to beat Suan, so if she shows anything I think I can use (nothing really winter for me) I'm a buyer today.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

@Snook22 wrote:

Susan your prices are getting so expensive really $64 for a liquid knit top.   I like your liquid knit but afraid with your prices going up and up I won't be buying them anymore.  And please can you stop talking so much and saying the same thing over and over again.  You always say women are talking to me and telling me they love my liquid knit but you're not listening to them that the prices are getting out of line.  Thanks

I Agree with everything you said

Contributor

Re: Susan Graver

[ Edited ]

Agree. I quit on her brand awhile back, due to reduced value for the prices, mediocre tailoring, and really hating that I can't wear her polyester tops in the winter due to static cling. I'm having better luck w/ some of the Liz tops now, and even some of the Quacker Factory embroidered tops (vs. sequins).  Graver is WAY overpriced.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree that her prices are getting way too high.  However, she may have no control over that.  I would assume that QVC sets the prices.  I do think that the quality of her clothes is outstanding.  Everything that I have received is well made and finished beautifully.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know how anyone can watch what she is presenting for more then 5 minutes. My goodness , she never stops talking.   If she is on , I will not watch!

Honored Contributor

Reminds me of that pretty song by Rita Coolridge

'All Time High'.