Respected Contributor

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@HiLo wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@soozer wrote:

Can QVC use models who are not surgically enhanced for their makeup shows?  Models are beautiful, but obvious surgical enhancements (lips, face lifts, etc) do not encourage me to purchase beauty products.  Before and afters are nice and appreciated; yet models with incredibly long natural  lashes, enhanced plump lips, and tightened faces are obvious.  Maybe it only discourages me from buiying.....?  I guess I should not expect results unless I am gorgeous and perfect already.  

@soozer   What magazines and TV are selling is A DREAM.   Average people see what the want to be or want to be like.  They are always going to use attractive people and not average or unattractive people for this reason. Most people, even unattractive ones, do not want to see unattractive people....it is just innately part of our makeup, even babies in studies smile more when a pretty face smiles at them then when a unattractive dace smiles at them.  It is biological.

Adrianne Arpel on HSN always uses older average models and starts making them up on nothing but a cleansed face.

@HiLo - I appreciate that she uses older models, but when she's done applying her makeup it all looks like they're wearing (tinted) Crisco.😳

LOL!  I know but that's the price of growing old and why the Q won't use the more "mature" women as models.  Never have much luck on TV anyway but once did get a great foundation from AA.  Better for me at least to go bare skinned most of the time.

AA herself doesn't seem to notice how she looks in the stuff.  When she speaks of "this is a 69 year old woman" I think, A. you are older than she is.  Maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet?   The older I get the less makeup I need.

Respected Contributor

@HiLo wrote:

@AKgirl2 wrote:

@HiLo wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@soozer wrote:

Can QVC use models who are not surgically enhanced for their makeup shows?  Models are beautiful, but obvious surgical enhancements (lips, face lifts, etc) do not encourage me to purchase beauty products.  Before and afters are nice and appreciated; yet models with incredibly long natural  lashes, enhanced plump lips, and tightened faces are obvious.  Maybe it only discourages me from buiying.....?  I guess I should not expect results unless I am gorgeous and perfect already.  

@soozer   What magazines and TV are selling is A DREAM.   Average people see what the want to be or want to be like.  They are always going to use attractive people and not average or unattractive people for this reason. Most people, even unattractive ones, do not want to see unattractive people....it is just innately part of our makeup, even babies in studies smile more when a pretty face smiles at them then when a unattractive dace smiles at them.  It is biological.

Adrianne Arpel on HSN always uses older average models and starts making them up on nothing but a cleansed face.

@HiLo - I appreciate that she uses older models, but when she's done applying her makeup it all looks like they're wearing (tinted) Crisco.😳

LOL!  I know but that's the price of growing old and why the Q won't use the more "mature" women as models.  Never have much luck on TV anyway but once did get a great foundation from AA.  Better for me at least to go bare skinned most of the time.

AA herself doesn't seem to notice how she looks in the stuff.  When she speaks of "this is a 69 year old woman" I think, A. you are older than she is.  Maybe it just hasn't sunk in yet?   The older I get the less makeup I need.

AA is 75, and so nipped, tucked, botoxed, filled, lasered.  Her lips are all you notice and IMO she looks like she's wearing a plastic transparent mask.  Nothing natural looking there, just like her makeup😳

Trusted Contributor

I don't care if the makeup models have had work done on their face.  I do think it is dishonest to use them when selling a product that is supposed to improve the condition of your skin or make them look younger.  I loved watching ANTM to watch the transformations.   When the contestants were chosen I frequently did not see some of the ladies potential.   It was amazing to see the beautiful changes that the right makeup and hair styles would make on our perception of beauty.  I learned alot and often thought it would be great to have myself made over by those professionals.  That show is where I first saw Lori Goldstein.  She was and is a fantastic stylist.  I wish the people on QVC would wear clothes that fit.  I realize some like to wear their clothes tight.  I am referring to buttons that pull across the chest, jackets and coats that can't be buttoned, large armholes covered by a sweater so we can't see it.  Please show us the item on its own and uncovered from front and back on several size models.   H by Halston shows the item and then has pieces ready to style a model in several says.  I enjoy that and find it informative.  That type of styling can help me make up my mind.  Just some thoughts.