Trusted Contributor

Suggestion for Shoe Description Detail

What I am suggesting is that the live on air presentations and also on-line description include whether or not a shoe (especially closed walking shoes and that style) has that built up arch support which results in a puffy cushioned area in the arch.

I have a flat foot and that arch support is very painful for me and puts pressure on my arch area. I cannot wear them and I am sure I am not alone.   I have ordered many Sketchers shoes that have this detail because I am not informed about the existence of that detail.

I have waited and hoped during shoe presentations that the host and the shoe manufacturer representative show the inside of the shoes so we can see that detail (if it is there inside the shoe).

Is it possible to do this please?

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestion for Shoe Description Detail

I actually look for shoes that do have that arch support, what is really amazing are the shoes that don’t allow you to remove the insole. Clark’s for example I have to chisel the insole out so that I can put in my orthotic insoles that have arch support.

I’m sure there are a lot of people like me too. 

Valued Contributor

I can't wear a shoe without an arch support.  I don't think any shoe vendors will be saying their shoes  have totally flat insoles with no arch support.    Not many people are in the market for that kind of shoe.

Respected Contributor

@LogoFan   I would also add that it would be nice if they also would tell us if the foot bed insert could be removed easily.  I too use orthotics and need to know if I can place my orthotic insert inside without having to dig out and rip the insert that it comes with. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

If anyone needs the arch support rather than just memory foam, displaying the inside would also answer that need.

I also do not think any shoe is totally flat, but just without that particular feature of support.

Regardless of what the shoe is like inside, it would be nice if we could see what we are getting in order to avoid costly returns.

We all have different needs.  I was just suggesting this detail would help.

QVC hope you will consider this suggestion.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

The way they sell shoes is a joke. I need to know if the shoe has arch support and if it's true to size. They spend all that time in fashion telling you how tall the model is and what size she wears ad nauseaum, yet it's a secret what size shoe these models are wearing. Big girls are gonna have big feet, who cares! Especially with European sizing, tell us what size you are wearing in the European sizing and what size your US size is and how the European size is fitting.

Esteemed Contributor

@LogoFan wrote:

What I am suggesting is that the live on air presentations and also on-line description include whether or not a shoe (especially closed walking shoes and that style) has that built up arch support which results in a puffy cushioned area in the arch.

I have a flat foot and that arch support is very painful for me and puts pressure on my arch area. I cannot wear them and I am sure I am not alone.   I have ordered many Sketchers shoes that have this detail because I am not informed about the existence of that detail.

I have waited and hoped during shoe presentations that the host and the shoe manufacturer representative show the inside of the shoes so we can see that detail (if it is there inside the shoe).

Is it possible to do this please?

Thanks.

Thanks, for bringing this topic to the forum. I have had foot problems  and so want to know specific  details about insoles along with is there a non slip sole

I can say that  a few yrs ago  the orthopaedic  staff at Johns Hopkins Hospital   recommends Dansko clogs  as one of the best for  one's feet.  The Dansko professional clogs are pricey  but have a really nice rubber non slip outersole and come in various widths .  Most of the shoe  programs  that I have seen on QVC Hosts and the  various vendors say is abt how cute some shoe is. They may go on and on abt how comfortable a shoe is  but give not much other info . You'd think they would sell more if they gave more details . Return shipping of shpoes is expensive  for us customers who order something and it does not fit.  Again why can't QVC go to free shipping or atleast everything be less than $1 shipping ?

Esteemed Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@LogoFan   I would also add that it would be nice if they also would tell us if the foot bed insert could be removed easily.  I too use orthotics and need to know if I can place my orthotic insert inside without having to dig out and rip the insert that it comes with. 

I do the same, however I have come across  a pair or two of shoes where I could not fit my orthotic in the shoe .. I then returned the shoe

Frequent Contributor

All good suggestions, and I would like to add another one under this subject of Shoe Description Detail. 

Please, at least online, provide for each item the shoe/boot measurements in inches of the length of the shoe and width of the toe box for each size, as well as calf circumference for taller boots. I've seen this info provided on other web sites and would think it easily could be obtained from the manufacturer.

Unfortunately, sizing has become wildly inconsistent among brands, and even sizing of brands I often purchased in the past have become unreliable. Returns add up and are a waste of both money and time, and I'm now reluctant to order without detailed sizing info. 

Don't forget that your customers are at the great disadvantage of not being able to try on shoes, as well as clothing.

New Contributor

I have another suggestion for showing shoes... Please show the models "walking, bending, tiptoeing, and even jump or dance around!  Now all I see is the model standing in one position and just moving her foot sideways for a few inches.  I'd like to know how the shoes move while actually walking around.  I love shoes, but need more descriptions such as all the ones requested already.