Esteemed Contributor

Suggestion about presentations

Seems hosts have time on their hands to chat and talk about more than most of us have time for or even want to know.  Some presentations are just silly.  I tuned out long ago.

Perhaps if there are more products per hour the host will not have extra time to do anything but explain what is in front of them.  

None of us can touch the items.  We cannot try them on or wear them.  We cannot do anything but visualize what the product will do for us.  

I think more time should be designated for explanation.  But what if seems like is the product is secondary to the personal lives and attitudes of the hosts.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestion about presentations

Agree.  It does not take 15 minutes to describe a simple blouse.  5-8 minutes is more than enough.  Would like to see more items presented per hour.  

Honored Contributor

Somehow they have figures that prove more time equals more orders per unit of time.  Same goes for TSV's. Endless half hours and more devoted to vacuums and mattresses do not induce me to buy.  Maybe they could do a few experiments with ramped up clothing shows.

Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu    I agree.  The thing that bothers me the most is the endless scenarios as to where you can wear the item...out to lunch with friends...to church service...to a family reunion...walking the dog... to the gym.   We all know where we plan to wear the item.  I just need the details like fabric content and measurements.  

Trusted Contributor

I have stopped watching QVC for a number of years now.

I shop online, watch the video, if available of the item that catches my eye, and even then, I find myself fast forwarding the video.  Sometimes the video cuts off, without an actual presentation of the item.  

QVC has really fallen off track in their presentations, compared to the earlier years, when I used to watch a show in its entirety. I also remember they used to show more items per hour, and presentations were shorter. 
There was less time for silliness and personal stories.  

Honored Contributor

Sick of hearing about their pets and vacations and on and on and on.  I'm watching to purchase items, not interested in all their nonsense.

And what's with all the vendors showing their pets on air.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Before the internet it was necessary to sit and watch in order to order and probably the majority were those stay at home moms and retired women,  but now probably more than half of their sales (especially most new customer sales) are from those just channel surfing and find something that catches their interest.   Most probably do go to the internet if they end up ordering and they get more info there.  Not too many around anymore that stay at home and watch.  Most are working or way to busy to do that now.

Valued Contributor

Agree with everyone on the simple acting hosts, don't care about your trips, family, or how many of the item the are presenting that they claim they have or will be purchasing, just becasue a host buys 10 does not encourage me to buy more than one.....but it will never end because it appears QVC does not listen to the customers.  Also think it is so rude when they pair two host together to do a show and one will run off the show to go place an order and than come back on air and bragg how they bought the product before it  sold out.

New Contributor

I would be happy if some of hosts would not talk so fast. I can't understand what they are saying, which is unfortunate since the job is all about trying to convince you to purchase what they are selling.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mombo1 wrote:

@bonnielu    I agree.  The thing that bothers me the most is the endless scenarios as to where you can wear the item...out to lunch with friends...to church service...to a family reunion...walking the dog... to the gym.   We all know where we plan to wear the item.  I just need the details like fabric content and measurements.  

@Mombo1   I had to laugh at this; my thoughts exactly.  Susan Graver always tells us to wear some of her things to" that engagement party".  How many engagement parties does she think we go to?  I have never been to one!  Do people still have them? 

Now they keep reminding us that now we are starting to go to those barbeques again; how do they know where we are going?  Its all a sales pitch.  Maybe I should imagine myself at a barbeque or engagement party - LOL