Valued Contributor

I have a suggestion for the department that ships Valerie Parr Hill's items. When we order 2 of the same item on the same day, ship them together. I ordered 2 sets of candle rings on the same day at the same time, and they were shipped separately. I ordered them with free shipping, so it's not like QVC made any extra money shipping them to me.

But if by chance, they're defective, it's going to cost QVC money for me to return them.

I'm pretty,but I'm not beautiful.
I sin, but I'm not the devil.
I'm good,but I'm not an angel.
Marilyn Monroe
Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestion about Shipping

@SweetSydney    That makes lots of sense if you ordered them in the same call- especially if there was space in the same size shipping box.

As soon as we order in separate phone calls, I think only a highly automated warehouse has the technical capability to carry off saving money combining orders.  (I think -  I certainly don't know, but I do remember reading that a couple of years back Amazon saw their volume increase by 70% in one year, but that year their profit actually decreased because they spent more than the increased revenue to add more automation to their warehouses.  QVC doesn't begin to have that kind of capital.)

Respected Contributor

@SweetSydney wrote:

I have a suggestion for the department that ships Valerie Parr Hill's items. When we order 2 of the same item on the same day, ship them together. I ordered 2 sets of candle rings on the same day at the same time, and they were shipped separately. I ordered them with free shipping, so it's not like QVC made any extra money shipping them to me.

But if by chance, they're defective, it's going to cost QVC money for me to return them.

I'm sure no one at QVC packs these, they are probably packed in China. Valerie doesn't make these or check them out, you order from QVC. You order 2 things and they are packed as 2 separate items.

Valued Contributor

@millieshops Thanks, I thought it made sense since I ordered two of the same items (Martha Stewart) and they're being shipped together.

The 1st set of  VPH candle rings arrived today and they're so misshapen, and the ring itself is too rigid to reshape so it's going back.

Marilyn Monroe
Valued Contributor

@HLP 

Never thought of it that way. I guess if they're packed in China that explains the poor quality of the VPH candle rings that were delivered today.

Ordered two sets of Martha Stewart and they're being shipped together. Guess it's just a ******-shoot.

Marilyn Monroe
Honored Contributor

@SweetSydney   Sorry they are bad.   If that means you won’t want the other set, can you wait to receive them and ship them back together?

Valued Contributor

@millieshops 

Thank you. You're right, I won't want the other set. Since they were shipped separately I think it might be safer to ship them back separately. I'm afraid they won't pay attention to the fact that there are two different orders.

What really bothers me is the way they were packaged. The box was smashed and the plastic lid wasn't attached to the box. The shipping box was in perfect shape so they were packed that way. 
I feel like VPH's items have gone downhill. I have a lot of her older items and never had too many problems. She needs to start purchasing things made in the U.S.

Marilyn Monroe
Frequent Contributor

Q always messes up shipping. Order 3 shirts, all well and good but when I went to return because size guide doesn't work for me, It cost me more to return them, even thought I returned as shipped. Refund went totally wrong! Q will do nothing about it either, I tried!

Buyer beware!

Frequent Contributor

And to add to the shipping mess- they use mail innovations which does not serve the customer well!  Let customer choose which method of shipping WE want since we are paying for it!

Valued Contributor

@floridagal46 

I will never understand why it costs us more to return things to QVC than what it costs to have things shipped to us.

Marilyn Monroe