Trusted Contributor

Suggestion about Product Questions

I would like to make a suggestion about the feature where the site asks users to answer other customers questions about products.  It would be helpful to see the other responses before we save our response.  It would also be helpful if the system would only ask us to answer "unanswered" questions ratter than questions that have already been replied to.

For example, I gave a thumbs up to a review on a particular beauty kit.  The site immediately took me into a new screen and asked if I could help answer some of tthe other customer questions.  I went ahead and answered a question where a woman wanted to know what shade of lipstick came in a kit.  Well, only after I saved my reply could I see that this question had been asked over a month ago, and dozens of people before me had already answered the woman's question.

Because of this, my reply, as well as many others who had answered the same way) were given thumbs downs by others.  I wanted to delete my response because of this, but couldn't.  

QVC Customer Care

Re: Suggestion about Product Questions

@Mrsq2022

Thank you for taking the time to make those excellent suggestions....I will ensure that your feedback is seen by our Product department! 

Beth QVC

Honored Contributor

@Mrsq2022  We already have a feature on the item description page where people can ask specific questions about the product.  The answers are from other customers and people from CS.  Many could have been answered if the customer had read the item description and/or listened to the presentation.  Other could only be answered by someone who'd used the product.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

I think the OP is asking that the website prompt reviewers to only answer questions that have no answers, not the questions that already have (many, sometimes redundant) answers.

Honored Contributor

@Phelina wrote:

I think the OP is asking that the website prompt reviewers to only answer questions that have no answers, not the questions that already have (many, sometimes redundant) answers.

IMO, this is how it should be. You may, if you wish to on your own, add an answer to a question that already has 15 answers, but QVC should only ask regarding questions that have 3 answers or less. The first time I ran across what the OP described I was annoyed that QVC "officially" wasted my time.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

@Moonchilde@Phelina EXACTLY.  Now I don't answer the questions at all unless I can visually see that they haven't been answered already.