Frequent Contributor

Suggestion Regarding Exchanges

[ Edited ]

I know this has probably been suggested, but why can't QVC allow you to initiate an exchange immediately upon realizing an exchange is required.  The item will be returned..right?  (Unless of course someone changes their mind).  So let the customer put in an exchange order right away while original item is in transit for return and the item they want/need is hopefully in stock).  It would be great to get on order stats and see an Exchange option! Too many times the size or color I need is long gone before item is received back by QVC and status is updated as returned and exchange process is initiated.  If QVC does not receive the item to be exchanged back within a specified timeframe, just don't refund the original purchase amount and bill for exchange order too.  I mean..  If you order an exchange item and don't return original...than shame on you (or me).  I don't know what kind of logistical nightmares this would cause though.  Also sites like Amazon will credit your account a refund as soon as they get a return tracking number...but I don't want to push my luck here.

Spoiler
Smiley Wink

Frequent Contributor

Re: Suggestion Regarding Exchanges..ps

It would be great to get on a Order Status and see an EXCHANGE option!

Respected Contributor

Re: Suggestion Regarding Exchanges

I just received 3 pair of Marla Wynne pants from HSN and they were too big.  I called HSN CS and asked if they had the smaller size of each and would like to return these and she set up the new order as an exchange and said they would get here in 5 to 10 days.  I said I would send them back today.  I think they get the return routing number as soon as I give it to the UPS store and send them out immediately.  I have had good luck with them always in exchanges and returns on my credit card.

Honored Contributor

QVC's exchange system does not work well.  They don't seem to care.  All they want is to be able to say they have free exchanges as a sales mechanism and never mind that it usually takes 3-4 weeks and the item is often sold out by the time the return goes through the ponderous process.  I guess it meets their needs but certainly not ours.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

They are currently doing a rapid return test.  I received an email about it the other day.  I'm sure if the test goes well they will initiate it across the board.

Respected Contributor

Sorry ignore my last post.  I was thinking returns not exchanges.

Honored Contributor

@Travone wrote:

They are currently doing a rapid return test.  I received an email about it the other day.  I'm sure if the test goes well they will initiate it across the board.

@Travone.  That's wonderful to hear.  They need it.  Hope it works out.  Thanks for posting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment