Valued Contributor

Re: Stop consolidating multiple apparel orders

I haven't had this problem with QVC, but while I love Evine, I resent when I pay 6 individual shipping and handling fees and then they consolidate them into 1 package, which then exceeds a certain monetary amount which requires a signature to be delivered. I'm usually not home and then have to be inconvenienced going to a UPS location to pick the box up.  I paid 6 large fees so I resent them taking it upon themselves to cause this to happen.

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45May I ask a stupid question. If I return two items ino ine pkg. Am I still charged individual return fee of 6.95 for each item.?Completly confused. Many thanks

Honored Contributor

I am totally with the OP on this one.  To some of us, it DOES make a difference.

It DOES delay shipping.  For me, several days to an already way too long delivery.

NO shipping discount is given to me for multiple items sent together while QVC is clearly benefitting.  PASS the savings on to me and it is a whole new ball game.

I want an invoice AND return label for each item.  I don't have a printer at home, nor a copy machine to make additional copies of labels and invoices.  I shouldn't have to.

They are NOT consolidating just apparel or similar items...I received a top tossed into a box w/ a frying pan!  Needless to say, the top was a wrinkled mess and there was NO additional internal packing material to keep them from smacking around in a large box.  The box of the pan was dented beyond gift giving.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife:  A frying pan and top tossed vicariously in one box??? Now, that's unacceptable!Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

@sligo wrote:

@sunshine45May I ask a stupid question. If I return two items ino ine pkg. Am I still charged individual return fee of 6.95 for each item.?Completly confused. Many thanks

@sligo

i am pretty sure that you are only charged ONE return fee, even if the items are from different orders, but keep an eye on it and call if you are charged more than one. you may want to confirm this with a mod.

How do I return an item when I only have one return label and multiple items to return?

We want to keep the return process as easy as possible! You can return as many—or as few—of the items that arrived together in one box with the one return label you received, and you'll only be charged for one return label fee. If you need to return items from different shipments at one time, you can use one box and one return label as well. If you misplaced the original return label, you can simply print another one from Order Status on QVC.com.

https://www.qvc.com/content/information/returns-exchanges-faqs.html

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

If you have to worry about returns, perhaps purchasing clothes online isn't the thing for you to do. I don't for that reason alone. Stress and money are not worth clothing purchases that I'm not absolutely sure of.

Honored Contributor

This actually amuses me.  For years, people have been complaining that multiple orders have not been sent in one package.  

I don't know why anyone would want 5 packages when they could get it all in 1. JMO.

It reminds me of my Grandma.  I miss her a lot (she's been gone 15 yrs).  She was very methodical in her bill paying.  If I was going to get groceries for her, she'd have to figure out what check to give me because bills were always paid in a certain order.   It worked for her which is fine, but it's still something we chuckle about on occasion.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@dulwich wrote:

Sorry my thread continued...  Had no electricity so could not print label.  Maybe if they pack 3 items we should get 3 return labels and slips inside make it easier I think!

@dulwich  and it makes it difficult if 3 or 4  items are listed on one invoice form even if they are separate order#'s.  Try to return several items with just 1 return form, they will screw it up every time!  Especially if one returned for refund and another returned for an exchange...no space to keep separate.  If QVC would look at HSN invoice forms they could learn a few lessons about how to do it clearly!

Respected Contributor

Fine, but reduce the shipping costs to the consumer as  we are charged a separate shipping price for each item as if you ordered one product. People are getting wary of using shipping costs to make  money.