New Contributor

Stop Using UPS Mail Innovations

From what I gather, quite a few people have asked that QVC stop using UPS Mail Innovations.  Packages seem to sit for days, you cant track it.  I am curious to know, why is it taking upwards of a week to receive items?  In order to get it in a few days there are outrageous shipping costs.  Most retailers and online businesses now have a 2 day delivery, with no extra fees, which is great when you forget a birthday/anniversary, etc.  Wonder if QVC will ever jump on that bandwagon.  I have no doubt that they lose business to competitors due to shipping costs and length of time to receive. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Stop Using UPS Mail Innovations

@Liberty10 

I agree, but if they dropped them, we would probably end up with something even worse, if that's possible, LOL!

They use this one because it's most cost efficient for them, emphasis on 'them'.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I have many shipping problems since I use a post office box.  Virtually all of them are when two shippers are involved.  Please stop.

Respected Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I have many shipping problems since I use a post office box.  Virtually all of them are when two shippers are involved.  Please stop.

I too have probs with my PO box and the Q. Problem is the Q only allows one address listed in my profile & I used to have my street addy as UPS of course must have street address. Now, however, my PO has gotten picky about not delivering pkg if just street addy is listed (they used to, not sure why they won't anymore). So because of this I had a JM kit that I really wanted returned to sender by PO. Was so annoyed. 

Honored Contributor

@Liberty10. All major shippers, including Amazon, are now using this service.  Better get used it as it's not going anywhere.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Liberty10 

I actually do very well with mail innovations.

My USPS substation and my letter carrier are both tops at getting packages sorted and delivered quickly.

But if your station's supervisor or your particular carrier is incompetent, uncaring, or lazy, you can have considerable delays.

That is due to the USPS employees, not QVC.

My shipping problems come with anything that comes in via FedEx.  One particular driver seems to have something to prove.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I have issues with UPS deliveries. My packages arrive dirty and covered in footprints - most of the time I have to wash them off before opening. The boxes are very dirty also and sometimes crushed and half opened. When delivered via UPS/USPS, the packages are intact and clean. 

Occasional Contributor

Wanted to add my thoughts. I have the same frustrations with the delays but also an additional problem unrelated to QVC.  My mail carrier does not like delivering packages especially if requires her to get out of her truck and bring to my door. (I have told her she can come in my driveway, it takes her right up to my side porch.)  Several months ago I saw her walking up to the porch and went out to meet her to get my package.  I said hello and thanks, she replied "I'm so over you" and left in a huff.  On several other occasions she's been downright rude when I've seen her just putting the packages in my box.

Two days ago she left two packages in the mail box, one intact but the other empty. (It was supposed to be a pair of pants, shipped in those plastic bags.) There was a small slit in the top but otherwise no tears but was obviously empty.  I took the bag to our Post Office just to see if perhaps the pants had somehow fallen out of the bag and were in her truck, but no luck. The Postmaster said he was going to tell the carrier not to deliver obviously empty packages in the future. I probably should have asked him not to do that.  Anyway, QVC will issue credit (now out of my size in pants) so no big deal. I saw the carrier again this morning, said good morning, no response.  This may seem small but it is an aggravation I don't need in my life. I always worry she will sabotage my mail somehow, she just seems angry with me all the time. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I do order A LOT from QVC and other vendors but I can't help how items are shipped.

Making a short story long here but bottom line, I will think twice before ordering anything else that might be shipped via mail. I'm hesitant to report her so I can either deal with it or make changes myself. Have a few beauty products in my cart right now but might just forget it since they're usually shipped by mail. As I said, this is an aggravation I don't need.  Mail Innovations is not every efficient or customer friendly even without mail carrier issues.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Liberty10 - Welcome to the boards! There are three basic types of service QVC uses for delivery: UPS, UPS SurePost, and USPS. I don't believe the company uses UPS Mail Innovations, but if that happens, the package delivery is actually just initiated by UPS and completely handled by the USPS, so if you're having trouble tracking a Mail Innovations package, you should try using the USPS site instead of the UPS site. It is UPS SurePost that has the package travel via UPS for most of its journey and then hands off the final delivery to the USPS.

With regard to shipping costs, QVC is unlikely to ever offer free shipping for more than a few hours or a day here and there, as its profit model is built in part on saving money by charging customers for shipping. And the rates are really quite reasonable, in line with what it actually costs (or less) for shipping via the major couriers. The company has indicated that it is working on improving its supply chain and processing and delivery, so we'll hope the changes reach everyone soon—many of us have already started getting our orders more quickly and efficiently.

Happy shopping...

Respected Contributor

@GodBlessAmerica wrote:

Wanted to add my thoughts. I have the same frustrations with the delays but also an additional problem unrelated to QVC.  My mail carrier does not like delivering packages especially if requires her to get out of her truck and bring to my door. (I have told her she can come in my driveway, it takes her right up to my side porch.)  Several months ago I saw her walking up to the porch and went out to meet her to get my package.  I said hello and thanks, she replied "I'm so over you" and left in a huff.  On several other occasions she's been downright rude when I've seen her just putting the packages in my box.

Two days ago she left two packages in the mail box, one intact but the other empty. (It was supposed to be a pair of pants, shipped in those plastic bags.) There was a small slit in the top but otherwise no tears but was obviously empty.  I took the bag to our Post Office just to see if perhaps the pants had somehow fallen out of the bag and were in her truck, but no luck. The Postmaster said he was going to tell the carrier not to deliver obviously empty packages in the future. I probably should have asked him not to do that.  Anyway, QVC will issue credit (now out of my size in pants) so no big deal. I saw the carrier again this morning, said good morning, no response.  This may seem small but it is an aggravation I don't need in my life. I always worry she will sabotage my mail somehow, she just seems angry with me all the time. Maybe I'm just paranoid. I do order A LOT from QVC and other vendors but I can't help how items are shipped.

Making a short story long here but bottom line, I will think twice before ordering anything else that might be shipped via mail. I'm hesitant to report her so I can either deal with it or make changes myself. Have a few beauty products in my cart right now but might just forget it since they're usually shipped by mail. As I said, this is an aggravation I don't need.  Mail Innovations is not every efficient or customer friendly even without mail carrier issues.

Wow, that is unbelievably rude on her part. I don't blame you for being aggravated. That's her job, and shouldn't matter how many pkgs you get.  Why do people have to be that way? If she doesn't like her job she should quit.