Valued Contributor

Stop Changing Order Status Without Notification

[ Edited ]

I ordered a set from Philosophy with 4 fragrance layering pieces. When I ordered, it was in stock and it was showing "preparing order".  Three days later, the status changed to "waitlist". No notification to me via email. I just happened to check my account and saw it. I canceled the order. This has happened to me before. Why is QVC selling items that aren't available? More importantly, why am I not being notified of this Order Status change? I have several items I ordered from Martha Stewart that have changed to "Advanced Order". What is going on?! I'm going to cancel these orders too, as there is no guarantee it won't switch again. I'll also be canceling my Advance Orders for 2 food items. Unreliability is unacceptable for any company..lack of communication is a whole new level. Shame on you, QVC.

Super Contributor

Re: Stop Changing Order Status Without Notification

I'm assuming you get emails that confirm orders when they are placed?   If so, then they have your current email address, and I agree, if order status changes from available/in stock, to not, you should be notified so you have the ability to react accordingly.

Trusted Contributor

I've been a QVC customer since day 1. Based on the posts here regarding this issue, I've not been ordering much lately. I don't understand how an order can show "In Stock" at the time the order is placed, then all of a sudden it goes to "Waitlist" or "Advanced Order". I'm no business genius, but how can you sell more inventory than you have in stock? Dont their computer models show when an item has sold out? I truly understand that there is a lot of variables due to the current pandemic situation, but this seems to be happening more often than not.🤷‍♀️

Valued Contributor

I, too, have been a customer from the beginning. I hesitate now every time I see something I want. I'm appalled at what has happened to QVC across the board. I now jump onto other retailer sites knowing if they don't have it in stock, they say so up front. I feel bamboozled by QVC and my trust is almost gone. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

This has become a major problem with QVC. There is now no guarantee that you will receive the item you buy. QVC seems to not honor orders as they were received. One person can get their item cancelled while another buyer who orders much later will get their items.

It's time that they stop blaming the pandemic.  I understand things can be on advanced order but be honest with buyers and state that at the start. I can't help but believe they purposely don't alert buyers for the change in status because they know if they did many more orders would get cancelled.

Honored Contributor

Not being notified is not an issue for me.  I just check my order page every couple days.

Occasional Contributor

I agree we should be notified if the status changes. I was checking on an order this morning and noticed another order has gone from' in stock' when I ordered, to two days of 'preparing' order to now being on backorder. I don't mind that this particular item is on backorder, but it would have been nice to know that it was happening. If QVC can send me 100+ advertisements each month, surely they can send me a simple order status change notification.