Respected Contributor

Spenco TSV reviews~skewed bad, unfairly, inaccurate...

QVC...people have been complaining on this for a while...reviews that are irrelevent to how the item is, used as a venting point for customers about shipping or other things, rather than reviews of the actual item are being allowed and skewing the ratings of the item.

The Spenco TSV, which seems to have sold very well, (I am on waitlist for mine)...I just went in and there were five reviews...most from people who didn't recieve or even buy them! People talking about no narrows offered, or why they don't buy Spenco shoes etc etc. 

IMO, in this case...Q should wipe that slate clean and allow only people who actually bought the item and are actually "reviewing the item" post.

There are many "not helpful" checks by every comment on this item, currently.

I think it's time for the Q to "review" the system....so it's actually accurate and helpful to customers.

Honored Contributor

Re: Spenco TSV reviews~skewed bad, unfairly, inaccurate...

I especially like the 1 star reviews on items where the item hasn't been received yet.  Why are these allowed?  Or a low review because I thought it was long sleeves and it wasn't, etc.  Irrelevant and damaging to the overall rating.  I ignore such reviews.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The reviews have been a problem for quite a while.  I cannot even usually get very far into them for that particular reason.  Your shipping issues and the fact that you bought the wrong style sleeves is NOT helping me!   My real pet peeve is when they go on and on about where they are going to wear it and with what!!??  Honestly, do they think we care??   Just tell me the quality and how the item fits.

Respected Contributor

I love the reviews that say "I am not going to buy these because they don't offer talls. Or these tunics are too long."  

Or the sizing is off, when all you have to do is go to the "click here" and look at the actual measurements for every size. 

Honored Contributor

If you look under the screen name you'll either see nothing there or "Verified Purchase."

Click on that to see what QVC says.

Verified Purchase

A review marked Verified Purchase indicates the reviewer was confirmed to have purchased the item from QVC or from the brand listed where they reviewed it. Customers reading these reviews may use the information to decide which reviews are most helpful in their decision.

Yes, but, those reviews not purchased are reflected in the overall rating.  The overall rating is what catches our eye first.  Due to the lower rating, the unaware might not read through the reviews...that lower rating the reason not to buy something.  I wonder if QVC thought about that.  

Honored Contributor

This mess sounds like they are having some outside company hadle their reviews fo them.  

Super Contributor

They used to eliminate reviews that were too harsh or irrelevant to the item. Must be when downsizing that the people who did that were eliminated. I see that moderators remove posts that they do not like here on the boards but it must be that accurate reviews are not important. At HSN at least people who did not buy the item are not allowed to place a review.

Esteemed Contributor

Spenco are the most comfortable shoes the Q offers.

Contributor

I just wish I was ABLE to leave a review.  I've tried every which way there is, even called CS about it.  There is this darling rooster that I bought, H373653, from Gerson and there are NO reviews for it at all.  I feel so bad for it, LOL not having any reviews.  It is a great rooster, big and very nicely made.  Loved it so much I bought another one!