Trusted Contributor

I hardly buy from QVC, but, when I do the shipping time is painful. 

I get things faster from Boden-- and those ship from London!

Honored Contributor

Q's standard shipping is by pony express so I never expect things to come soon. Their returns handling is even slower.  I've noticed a few other retailers also have changed to a much slower delivery... ie: Macy's, Kohl's, Penney's.  And yet others can send things with lightning speed.  

New Contributor
An update to my original post. My item still has not shipped. Today is day 11. I have tried in vain for several days to cancel online as well as on the phone with a rep who could give no explanation about why the item hasn't shipped or when it is anticipated to ship. And even though this item is obviously not truly in the shipping process, they still refuse to allow me to cancel. Their solution is that once I receive the product, whenever that may be, then I can return for a refund. Interpretation: QVC wants to bill my credit card when they actually ship, then have the use of my money the entire time the item is traveling (usually takes a week), then it will be on me to get the item shipped back, then the long process of getting the return processed and finally refunding the money to my credit card. I am done with QVC after well over a decade of loyal shopping. I sent an email to them letting them know of this final straw, and that I look forward to the day when QVC ceases to exist because they refuse to listen. They sent a response with no apologies, still no explanation of the current delay, no offer to allow me to cancel, and letting me know how much they appreciate my feedback. Ridiculous. Worst company ever. I have no problem giving my business to other companies who have no problem getting items on their way with lightening speed and free shipping.
Occasional Contributor

I agree with all the postss regarding shipping.  Used to get most things kin about 4 days.  Since they started using us mail it's verrry slow.  I returned an item on 9/19 and it has not been received.  They refunded the money, it's lost in the mails somewhere.  They need to ditch sending products out by mail and go back to UPS or Fedx.  

Contributor

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one feeling this way.  I laugh when the host says you can order it and get it in a week...I have NEVER received anything in a week.  QVC needs to get up to speed (like Amazon) in shipping out items quicker.  I'm sure they are making billions and they should have better service for their customers.  The only thing I can say is.... start limiting your shopping on QVC (I have), then maybe they'll get the hint.

Contributor

Re: Slow Shipping

[ Edited ]

Not only is it ridiculous how long it takes for items to ship & not being able to cancel, the shipping charges are ridiculous.  Most other places ship for free and are MUCH quicker and certainly more efficient.  It's become deterrent for sure and I only buy from  the Q what I can't buy elsewhere.  

Occasional Contributor

QVC could certainly learn how to ship items quickly from Amazon.

Occasional Contributor

not only is delivery time 10xs longer than ANY other on-line retailer but the S+H price is outrageous; S+H is part of 'retail ' cost and should be included in the items allready exorbitant price !  No more quality , convenience and variety of goods offered !

Contributor

I agree with you 100% with how slow shipping is and if they really haven't shipped an item, then you should be able  to cancel.  They don't want to let you cancel because they want to rip you off for the S&H.  It's almost as if they are charging you twice for shipping when you use their return label because you pay for S&H when you order, but if you return an item, they deduct $8.95 plus whatever you paid for shipping from your refund.  I've been ordering from them before they became QVC but I know I have slowed waaaay down because of waiting 2-3 weeks for something and then if I don't like, they keep a big chunk of my refund because of S&H...it's a ripoff!

Valued Contributor

I just received an email saying an item I ordered on the 2nd was delayed. No reason given. I tried to cancel and it was too late. They said I could return it at no cost to me.