Respected Contributor

@makena wrote:

There are all kinds of tops offered on QVC and elsewhere.  A tunic is supposed to be longer than a normal top.  So if you don't want the length, then a shirt would be your option.

This is true, but I've noticed that QVC  designers seems especially concerned with making sure a woman's rear end is covered up. I find a higher percentage of tops with longer backs here (and HSN) than I do in brick and mortar stores. Even tops not labled or marketed as tunics are longer than normal.

I'm very short. At 5' 0", there are a lot of tops I can't buy because they don't come in petite and wind up being tunic length on me. It's always been that way and I'm used to that, but QVC tops are longer than average and I have to be even more careful here than other stores. I mostly stick to t-shirt tops with an even hem here because so many others are just too long.

Respected Contributor

@LexaMom wrote:

@delicate wrote:

I also forgot to mention that Lori Goldstein' s tunics are ridiculously priced and dumpy loolkion everyone.  They are also very thin, that's why they try to sell you  more layers .I don't know why people buy them.  Every time I see one of her show come on I change the channel.  Just my opinion.

Actually - I believe its the reverse.   They are meant to be layered which is why they are thinner than normal.   Do you remember when Gap came out with tee shirts to be layered.  They were much thinner than the norm.   Also - I know this has been said before.. but I am a 69 year old  Logo devotee and I get compliments almost everytime I wear them.    Guess people think dumpy is attractive?

Good for you for getting compliments often - you surely look very nice.  While I like some layers I can't imagine wearing all those tops together in the summer heat and humidity.

Logo is not for me.  And I need a petite anyway.  I don't know how Amy wears the clothes so well but she wears super high heels.  

Esteemed Contributor

I agree...they show tons  of tunics.....i am petite 5'2" and i have mostly had to search the website for hip length tops....but i have found alot of really nice tops online at Macys....they have a few of the newer trends but still alot of nice classic styles to choose from..............great sales...and fast shipping...............they have def won over my clothing purchases this year......................give them a try if you can...

Respected Contributor

@MarthaStewardess wrote:

On the flip side of that, as someone that's 6ft tall, I appreciate the longer tops!  Don't like short ones.  They ride up and there's a gap between your pants and the bottom of the top when you sit down or bend over.  Very uncomfortable  and annoying to have to keep pulling it down.  I see more items that are shorter than longer on QVC.

I'm 5'8 and wear a 3X. I'm longwaisted with a belly and large thighs. If it's not 28 inches or longer I don't wear it so I'm glad for tunics. The majority of my QVC tunics are LOGO because they offer the longest length. I've seen many more shorter tops on the website, it's not like QVC isn't selling them, but in order to make those sales, tunics will be what they offer more on TV to appeal to the more body conscious shoppers.

Occasional Contributor

So glad someone brought this up.  I have not ordered tops from QVC for over 2 years.  All their tops, whether they are labeled tunic or not are too long.  Not everyone wants tops past their hips.  Also, the fashions they show has gotten pretty bad.  All the vendors are makiing the same styles and same materials and the hosts are wearing.Often they do not fit them well.   And QVC is celebrity crazy.  It seems like any celebrity can put their name on a product and QVC will sell it.  Martha Stewart fashion.  Really?  I never buy any product sold by a celebrity.

Regular Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I am 5'4" and many tunics seem to swallow me. I think the tunic popularity came along around the time leggings started being worn as pants. Tunics cover your lady parts, also cover your butt and stomach. QVC sells lots of tunic length oversize t-shirts that can also be worn as a nightshirt. Great selling point "You never have to get dressed again, just get comfortable and wear this tunic 24 hours a day."

LOL Chessylady, I laughed so hard at that last sentence I was crying!!!!  That will probably be their next sales pitch. Woman Wink

Regular Contributor

Yesw I am tired of it.  They all see, like they are about a foot too long,  I am 5''5 now that's not short, but most items are too long.  

Frequent Contributor

Then don,t buy them. God knows QVC has a lot to choose from. People come all shapes and sizes. 

Respected Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

I am 5'4" and many tunics seem to swallow me. I think the tunic popularity came along around the time leggings started being worn as pants. Tunics cover your lady parts, also cover your butt and stomach. QVC sells lots of tunic length oversize t-shirts that can also be worn as a nightshirt. Great selling point "You never have to get dressed again, just get comfortable and wear this tunic 24 hours a day."

@chessylady 

I'm also 5'4" and tunics look bad on me.  I also think that tunics highlight tummy and derriere problems, especially if they "follow the lines of the body."