Contributor

I realize that QVC has reduced their shipping charges from what they used to be but it would be wonderful if they would bring back paying regular shipping on first item, then 50% shipping on all additional items.........especially if it's in the same order. Food for thought.

Trusted Contributor

That's how HSN does it, 50% off 2nd item in same category.  Lots of free shipping on beauty items and also on their today's special value.  I receive 20% code coupons from HSN on a regular basis.   I don't know why QVC doesn't do this.  It sure limits my shopping at QVC.

Honored Contributor

My favorite deal on HSN is when they have their craft days.  Your total shipping charge for the entire day's purchases will not exceed $5.00, no matter how many items you buy.  On their recent craft day, I saved well over $35 in shipping.  They may do this for other events, but this is the one near and dear to me. 

Can't see QVC doing anything like that, however.

Honored Contributor

@shopperinmeMaybe they have lots of customers like me -   I almost never buy more than one item during a day or even during the same week.  If they go back to more expensive shipping and then make some kind of accommodation for multiple buys, they run the risk of losing me as they gain someone else.

Overall, for the kinds of things I buy, my shippiung costs have gone way down with the "new" policy, but I buy very few clothing items from QVC (never have) and only once in my whole 25 years with them have I ever taken advantage of a buy more and get a discount.  That was long ago and even with that discount, the shipping for the 2 was more than it would be now.

I have no idea how they figure these costs out, but I do know there's not a company around that isn't working all the time to figure out effective shipping and return policies.  There's almost no company not having troubles in those areas.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it would be wonderful but it's not going to happen.  QVC depends too heavily from profits from shipping to balance the books.  It may make the difference between operating in the red or black, so dream on. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@henderson wrote:

That's how HSN does it, 50% off 2nd item in same category.  Lots of free shipping on beauty items and also on their today's special value.  I receive 20% code coupons from HSN on a regular basis.   I don't know why QVC doesn't do this.  It sure limits my shopping at QVC.

---------------------------

I have taken advantage of those HSN customer goodies lately!  I have been shopping more often with HSN than in the past.

Respected Contributor

MANY retailers offer FREE shipping.  At least on orders of $25 or over.  QVC is greedy.

Regular Contributor

Qvc counts on you paying the shipping and not returning it to you if you return the item (for any other reason then being defective) you also lose the return shipping label fee.  THIS is why I don't shop at QVC nearly as much as I use to!  I refuse to be told- just get it home and if you don't like it --just return it.  Yeah if I want to lose over TEN dollars on one return and it could be much more like on TSV  on March15th.

They will continue to lose good customers over the shipping rates.  So many other reatailers offer free shippng and get it to me in three days.  Qvc charges me to ship it, keep the shipping fees if I retrun it--charges me to return it and takes ten days to get it to me.  Really this is the best you can do QVC!  If so I pass.