Valued Contributor

While watching Martha Stewart outdoor show yesterday some items were advanced orders.  The trellis was not shipping until July but the online graphics state in stock.  I think customers would appreciate seeing an approximate shipping date somewhere in the copy.  Stop showing in stock if it is not in the warehouse.  Many posts are about delayed shipping or back ordered items and if we order we do like to know about when it will arrive.

Frequent Contributor

THere are alot of item they are selling, that are NOT in stock..all with future ship dates..don't understand how they can do this!  Remember years ago, they said

they will not sell if they dont have it in stock..well..seems not to be true..even the

cuddle duds jams they sold in APril had a ship date of May 14...ugh..disgusted

Honored Contributor

Maybe they don't want to make more than they will need and have excess inventory.  Matierals are becoming expensive and hard to get.  We have to wait three months before the material for our fence will be available.  So learn to be patient.  It's a virtue.

Valued Contributor

Why is my thinking out of stock items should have something other than in stock shown online mean I am inpatient?  Just asking for accurate information.

Esteemed Contributor

Here is my two cents worth on this product:

As long as it hasn't been produced, I suggest they rework the bottom legs before making the product. I noticed Martha Stewart and QVC sold this item as good for "indoor and outdoor use" . . . however those legs are solid. They cannot be removed for use indoors! It would be impossible to place in a home. A simple design change would make it easy to use either outside or inside with folding legs OR removable legs.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

It would be nice if QVC consistently displayed future ship dates on the product pages; sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. And although ship dates are often shown in the sidebar during on-air presentations of items not shipping immediately, the hosts are hit and miss as to whether they mention shipping (not sure if they sometimes aren't aware). But one thing you can always do to determine whether an item is shipping now or later is to look at the estimated delivery date on the checkout page and order confirmation email—if the date is a month away, the order isn't going to ship until a few days beforehand. Even if that is frustrating, at least you'll know not to expect your item right away (or you can potentially not place the order).

Valued Contributor

I just checked that MS trellis online and it still shows in stock status when on air the shipping was July.  Something so basic and wrong.

Occasional Contributor

It's terrible. I ordered four items a few weeks ago and only one has shipped. None of them were marked as advanced orders, but when I contacted them, I was told they weren't in stock. I cancelled the other three items and I'm not coming back to QVC until they fix this.