Valued Contributor

QVC~~Please bring back the plastic shippng bags from the past many years (they say QVC on the outside).  The new shipping bags being used are much harder to do returns of clothing in.  I buy most of my clothes from you, but these bags make it hard to return clothing.  

Is anyone else having this problem?  

Honored Contributor

Re: Shipping bags for clothing

[ Edited ]

no, why is it so hard to return clothing in them?

i turn the bag inside out, put the clothing and return receipt  in the bag, place the prepaid label on the outside, seal with packing tape,  and use the qvc easy returns process.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

no, why is it so hard to return clothing in them?

i turn the bag inside out, put the clothing and return receipt in the in the bag, place the prepaid label on the outside, seal with packing tape,  and use the qvc easy returns process.

I never thought to turn the bags inside out @sunshine45, thanks for the tip.  I don't buy much clothing but it's good to know if do.  You can learn something new no matter what your age LOL

Occasional Contributor

I don't have a problem with the bags. The problem for me is that for the fifth time in two months I received an order without a packing slip. I've been shopping with QVC since 1986, yes a long time. I am completely disgusted with this new normal. I refuse to hang on the phone in order to find out how to rectify these situations. I think it is time to cut ties because every time I order something I have to think ( will I get a packing slip this time. I feel if this is your way of doing things now you should at least let your customers know a packing slip will be hit or miss.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mia 2   I also do not like the new bags most of the clothes are coming in now.  If they have the perferation where it says to open here, it is not actually perferated and the other type cannot to be torn open but has to be cut open and withthe  high top makes it too small to re-use.   I am also happy when I receive an old type bag that says QVC on it.  You can actually open the bag at a perferated line and some even have the pre-stick strip.

As I order alot I used to have a good supply of bags to re-use, now most of them are thrown away as they are not reusable.

Esteemed Contributor

@mia 2  & @KathyM23  - I agree about these bags.  Once you cut the top, they are too small to return the clothing item in the bag.  Definitely prefer the previous bags with the adhesive strip on top.  They were so much easier to use for returns.

Valued Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

@mia 2   I also do not like the new bags most of the clothes are coming in now.  If they have the perferation where it says to open here, it is not actually perferated and the other type cannot to be torn open but has to be cut open and withthe  high top makes it too small to re-use.   I am also happy when I receive an old type bag that says QVC on it.  You can actually open the bag at a perferated line and some even have the pre-stick strip.

As I order alot I used to have a good supply of bags to re-use, now most of them are thrown away as they are not reusable.

They do tell you on the homepage that you can go online to print out a label for returning.

Honored Contributor

I just cut them open on a heat sealed seam with scissors.  I use most of them for trash but the few that get returned, I just fold over the opening and put a long strip of wide Scotch Tape over it.  No problem, takes just a second.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@debfau My issues isn't labels, it is with the bags.  I haven't had to return any items for which I didn't have a label, but if I did I would just print one.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   I open them that way also, it is just the bags are generally too small when folded down to be taped closed.  Especially don't like the ones that say to open at the perferation and there is no perferation.