I know if I want to order several things for gifts etc,
And I realize shipping could add up to 30.00 or more
And what if something needs returned that's additional
Cost, so then going somewhere that does all this for free
Is where I go.
I hope in the future Qvc has free shipping and free returns
So I can shop here more.
Honored Contributor

@Luvstobake I know what you mean (about the shipping).  So I have a rule that I only buy things that are on easy pay because the way I figure it, I don't need the thing in the first place....so.....

So I'll buy say a blouse and it's around $39.  It's divided up on easy pay, it costs me $3 to get it and if it doesn't fit or I don't like it, it's another $6.95 to return it.  Now we're talking about paying $9.95 just to try it.  I've tried sending it back on my own through the post office and if it's cheaper, it might be by $1 (not much more).

Then when I see if they refunded my money I might get refunded $2 or $3 back.  I've finally wised up and don't order anywhere near what I used to.  

Esteemed Contributor

Plus Dooney purses. Today there is 20% off all Dooney bags and they have free shipping. QVC charges almost $12.00 to ship a Dooney plus they are rarely on sale. So why buy from QVC?

Respected Contributor

Re: Shipping and shopping

[ Edited ]

I still buy a fair amount from QVC but not as much as I used to. The shipping/return shipping turns me off too.  Especially when I buy something on EP and I have to return it. The last thing I returned was some IT mascara - $3 to ship it to me yet $6.95 for return shipping.  I know I could have shipped it back on my own but it's just easier to use their label.

Honored Contributor

I agree about the shipping. IMO the Q should skip "easy pays" and offer free shipping but I guess they think having easy pays will get more people to shop.  I personally would shop more with free shipping especially since tax is added to the s&h.  

Frequent Contributor

I don't actually mind the shipping charge I wish they would manage to ship items in

a reasonable amoount of time.  It is getting rediculous.  Rarely does anything arrive on the EDD - and yes I know it is an estimate.

Spend more time shipping orders out and less time messing with the web site.

Woman Mad

Honored Contributor

People don't seem to understand that QVC depends heavily from s&h costs both way to balance the budget.  There have been periods where it has made the difference between operating in the black instead of the red.  It's not a whim or greed; it's an essential element for the business to succeed.... or survive. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor
Ohhhh so shipping and handling makes Qvc stay in the black, that makes it so much easier at least
knowing all of our shipping costs, help balance the Qvc budget.
Occasional Contributor

Yep. I run a business and these are things that are part of your operating costs, besides I'm happy that they have already decreased the shipping cost on many items, if they gave everyone free shipping, to recoup that cost they would just increase the cost of the product. the return shipping is going to stay high to decrease the amount of returns. I'm always shocked to see reviews where people didn't like a product but said they threw something away or didn't return it because the shipping cost was so much, I'm going to return something I'm not happy with even if I only get a few $ back

Contributor

These days, I buy more things from Walmart and Amazon! QVC and HSN take to long with packaging and shipping, and surepost will add another 2 days and then to top it off paying for a return! One of my orders from WV to outside of Pittsburgh took 8 days???? Free returns with Amazon/Walmart and 2 day shipping always win out! If I want a product that is on easy pay the Q might win if the price is right but, I still check Amazon first and if I decide to buy from Amazon I'm using a dedicated credit caed that provides no interest on all purchases for 6 months gives me my own easy pay options! AND FREE RETURNS! Also, the same products and constant reruns of the same products just keeps me from tuning in! I got a Vitamix and don't need a Dyson or anti virus every week! If and when Amazon begins offering easy payment options it will be a game changer for tv shopping and not in a good way!