Trusted Contributor

Re: Shawn and Jane and other recommends

Shorty20....totally agree with you on everything!  Shawn and the "sic" or "sick" (however you spell it) is so irritating and yes, she's too old to be using such "terminology".

Jane shouldn't be pushing multiples of close to $200 shoes, but, she is a saleswoman so guess she's trying to sell...and Josie and all that argan oil just might actually turn customers off...it looks like she slathered olive oil all over herself.  I almost want to baste her arms!

That presentation for the Philosophy stuff is so overrated also...if you took a bar of Ivory soap and lathered it up with water  on one of those nylon-like bath spongees they use, you'd probably get the same amount of lather!

It's all hype used to sell, sell, sell....but it does get old and tiresome! 

Contributor

Having a bad day are we?

Contributor

QVC's goal is selling things and making a profit.  Things they say are meant to encourage sales.  Of course they suggest you purchase more than one of any item.  For those that do, the host just doubled the sale.    You are in control of what you purchase.  If two makes sense go for it, if not, don't buy two.

Regardless of what "we" think,  QVC won't have hosts that don't produce sales.  I may not care for a certain host's way of selling, but apparently enough people do.  If not, the host will change their way or be gone. 

Watch the hosts you enjoy.  Watch when they are selling items you like.  There is absolutely no way they can please 100% of the people 100% of the time. 

Happy shopping!

Esteemed Contributor

Just what does "sic"/"sick" or "joush" mean when selling...

I don't watch her...or much of the Q. any more...so I have never heard those two words used by any Host...

Respected Contributor

@Shorty20 welcome to the boards. As you can see, there are lots of opinions! 

Occasional Contributor

Joush - the hosts use the word to reference long sleeves pushed up..... you can joush the sleeves. 

Respected Contributor

I think you mean jushe.

Honored Contributor

@Shorty20 wrote:

Please Shawn, please stop saying something is sic.   You are a 40+ year old woman not a teeny bopper or a 20 something.    The items you are selling are not geared toward the younger generation and the audience you have probably are trying to figure out what is "sick" about the $200 purse or the $99 Issac sweater. 

Jane, please don't make stupid comments when you are selling $180 shoes.  Last evening I was watching a shoe show and the comment to buy as many colors as you can, really at $180 a pair.   The people who could afford to do that are not QVC watchers and some poor pityful little granny on a fixed income was probably sitting there running her Q card to the max 'trying to get as many colors as they can".

The lotions and potions- please stop slathering all the magic potions and lotions on during a demo.  The gal with green hair and the argon oil - how much argon oil can one slather on.   The Philosphy woman and the lather thing geeezzzzz!   

People pay $300 for a handbag OR SKINCARE, why not $180 for shoes?

Valued Contributor

All well and good advice, but they're on all the time! Can't turn them off fast enough, but why should the onus be on the poor viewer?

Respected Contributor

I think she mean shush the sleeves up

Don't worry, be Happy!