STOP the default Easy Pay!!!

Easy Pay is a great option for those who want to use it but quit forcing it as the default for everyone. What pain in the rear end to have to have to remember to change the payment method every single order or be stuck with those endless payments on the credit card.

Respected Contributor

Re: STOP the default Easy Pay!!!

Yes it's an inconvenience, but if you forget to edit the payment is it really that much of a hardship to go to your Order Status and change it? 

Esteemed Contributor

You have to remember that tv selling encourages easy pay for a reason.  I bet many people buy more that way.  It might make sense for an expensive item one wants, but for inexpensive items?

Honored Contributor

@Beachdweller    Is it such a burden to click "edit" and change the method of payment?  Also you can go into your account at any time and pay one or all payments on an item. 

More people select easy pay so that's why it's the default.  Majority rule. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don't think it is so hard to change the payment method when you order.   It's no different than if you filled in the entire order form with all the payment information etc.  I figure the defaults in the order  process are the ones used most frequently so lots of people must want to use easy pay.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

Easy Pay is an Q perk so of course it's the default...so simple to change when reviewing your order BUT if you forget you can pay the balance off, no one has to be stuck with endless monthly payments. I always use EP...returning, I'm not waiting for a full refund & keeping, I pay the balance off. It's a win-win.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Beachdweller    Is it such a burden to click "edit" and change the method of payment?  Also you can go into your account at any time and pay one or all payments on an item. 

More people select easy pay so that's why it's the default.  Majority rule. 

@Kachina624 

No, it's one click to change it.  I do it every time, since I am anti-easy pay.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Regular Contributor

Agreed! I wish we could remove Easy Pay as the default setting in our accounts. It's a pain in the butt to have to remember to change that setting each & every time I purchase something from QVC. 

@Beachdweller wrote:

Easy Pay is a great option for those who want to use it but quit forcing it as the default for everyone. What pain in the rear end to have to have to remember to change the payment method every single order or be stuck with those endless payments on the credit card.

Honored Contributor

How difficult can it be to make one click and change the order to a non-easy pay??  One easy click.  What are you complaining about??

Trusted Contributor

@Beachdweller wrote:

When you order over the phone, they ask you if you want easy pay or not, and when you order online, it is one click to eliminate easy pay. How much easier do you want it to be? QVC caters to a lot of customers and most of them use easy pay. Smiley Happy