Honored Contributor

Some of your hosts have the habit of SHOUTING. This forces me to mute the volume, or change the channel altogether. I know that many other Q customers feel this way, as it's frequently been discussed in the Forums.

I'm sure you are losing business as a result of this. This method of selling comes across as insincere, and reminds me of the old hucksters and snake oil salesmen. The biggest offender in this regard is SS.

I don't in any way mean to be snarky. I'm simply trying to be helpful, as that is the purpose of Suggestion Box.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Contributor

I totally agree. Rick Domeir always shouts and sounds like a huckster! 

Esteemed Contributor

We've all tried to get the message through to management - in a helpful way - but nothing seems to change.  Only the very newest of host seem to be low key and enjoyable to watch/listen to.  I just change the channel - and watch less.

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree!!!  There are several hosts who seem to think that speaking very loudly will get them more sales!  I doubt that these people speak that loudly at home.  

But I also blame the persons directing the show.  They surely can hear the shouting and they do nothing about it!   I don't want to be shouted at so I have stopped watching them. Consequently, I watch very little QVC now and rarely at night.

Trusted Contributor

I really don't think anyone is "forced" to do anything.

Honored Contributor

@Equuleus wrote:

I really don't think anyone is "forced" to do anything.

@Equuleus: It's a figure of speech, not meant to be taken literally, lol.

Honored Contributor

A thread very similar to this one was poofed just a day or so ago.  FYI.

Respected Contributor

I rarely watch anymore, due to the hosts behavior. I can name several, who I used to love watching, but I can no longer tolerate their actions.

TPTB need to take a clue from these forums. I've seen complaint, after complaint on hosts, yet nothing ever changes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

------------------

I do not get the deleted threads when the topic is about the presentation of the hosts.  No one is bashing their character, their disposition, their nature.  The comments I  have seen - and made - are directly related to the hosts' presentation/selling tactics.  I comment both positive and negative observations. 

If QVC wants to raise the level of presentations, management should be reading these forums.  If hosts speed talk, shout, shriek, make up cutesy words, waste time talking about unrelated topics and never really get to the full presentation, they should be critiqued.  And viewers are the critics.....

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

------------------

I do not get the deleted threads when the topic is about the presentation of the hosts.  No one is bashing their character, their disposition, their nature.  The comments I  have seen - and made - are directly related to the hosts' presentation/selling tactics.  I comment both positive and negative observations. 

If QVC wants to raise the level of presentations, management should be reading these forums.  If hosts speed talk, shout, shriek, make up cutesy words, waste time talking about unrelated topics and never really get to the full presentation, they should be critiqued.  And viewers are the critics.....

@corita: Exactly. If QVC didn't want our feedback, there wouldn't be a Suggestion Box. That's the whole purpose of it.