Contributor

Please re-think charging $5.50 for small kitchen items....this could be the last straw in disappointment with QVC leading to no longer being a customer.   Take a lesson from Amazon!!

Valued Contributor

Re: SHIPPING AND HANDLING FEES

As much as I want those little items  I refuse to pay 5.50 for a 20 dollar purchase

Honored Contributor

I agree. Shipping shouldn't cost more than 25% of the item's price, especially if it's a lightweight gadget.  Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Regular Contributor

QVC must be consolidating packages for the holidays(they used to do these years ago and charge lower shipping). I could not imagine why the weight of the UPS delivery from QVC was so heavy..........Opened package and it contained three recently ordered iitems - Susan Graver top, Bob Mackie jacket and Quacker top. So I checked the shipping - yes, $9.00 - no way is that customer friendly.

If you want to charge for each item ordered, put them in separate bags. Years ago, these three items would have been in a QVC box - a rare sight these days........

Luckily I like all three items.

Super Contributor

@bakergirl wrote:

QVC must be consolidating packages for the holidays(they used to do these years ago and charge lower shipping). I could not imagine why the weight of the UPS delivery from QVC was so heavy..........Opened package and it contained three recently ordered iitems - Susan Graver top, Bob Mackie jacket and Quacker top. So I checked the shipping - yes, $9.00 - no way is that customer friendly.

If you want to charge for each item ordered, put them in separate bags. Years ago, these three items would have been in a QVC box - a rare sight these days........

Luckily I like all three items.

@bakergirl

I agree with you regarding shipping fee when orders are sent in one package.  Twice (at least) I have ordered two LOGO tanks which couldn't weight more than couple ounces that were sent in the same bag and received in a wrinkled mess and had to pay two separate shipping charges.  QVC is saving on the shipping materials (bags) and reduced shipping yet we pay as if it is shipped separately.  It does to annoy people.  I've cut down on what I used to order, especially with the rising price, and with the holiday shopping over for me it will be even less.

Esteemed Contributor

@xvi045  I would also love to see more $3 s/h fees; however, the fees that QVC charge are fair, IMO. I ordered H211580 (Valeries' Gingerbread Children) for my granddaughter in October. Had them sent here, intending to mail to her as Christmas drew nearer. How much could it possibly be to mail them to her, I ask myself? I paid $5.50 for the Q to mail them to me and when I wrapped them up in a small box (with nothing else in the box) I paid over $16 for postage to send them to her. I am a huge Amazon shopper (with Prime), so tend to go there more often than not.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

On some items it really does seem to be more than it needs to be, especially when you order more than one item and it's just multiplied, or each item has its own separate and full ship fee.

I think the main reason for this is that they self-insure.  Of course, on items up to $100 with UPS and I think it's $50 on USPS now, that really doesn't explain it. 

But I tend to also see this sort of thing being higher than it seems like it should be because there are always people out there to rip off a retailer so the rest of us pay.  That's the most unfortunate part of it, IMO.  I get tired of paying for those who defraud or steal, in terms of retail over all, but that's the way the world works and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Super Contributor

Someone told me that call CS and yell and you aren't charged..geez she's a nutcase anyway

Super Contributor

Speaking of charges anyone notice that when you call in to order you say NO EASY PAY and they do it anyway to get interest? Its been happeing way too many times lately seems the more I order they think I forget I hate paying interest no matter how small it is..also what about 37 bucks for late charges ...it screams GOTCHA!

Super Contributor

Nothing like a stale Gingerbread Man cookie Woman Tongue