Occasional Contributor

So I have been ordering from the q for over 25 years and this is a new one for me.  I ordered some chicken paties.  Expecting them to be delivered tomorrow, I took a look only to find my order canceled, which took me by total surprise! I could not find or understand, so I called customer service for an explanaion.  The very nice rep placed me on hold, and after a few minutes came back and said "we ran out so we cancelled your order."  No email explaing this or phone call.  I asked what  was up and why they did not contact me, she shared they don't do this anymore(meaning they no longer contact customers to tell them they over sold a product and can't ship it). Well okay then, so I don't find this good customer service.... or seriously what is going on with the Q?

Honored Contributor

First, I'm going to assume your experience was entirely true.  Then I'll say that you described horrifically bad customer service.  Can you imagine if your local restaurant let you sit there, and only when you questioned where your meal was, did you learn they ran out and cancelled it?

Esteemed Contributor

@Chrisiebur I sometimes wonder if the Q has gotten too big or something. To me, it would just be common courtesy to have let you know.

We were at the Olive Garden a few years back, it was packed. We placed our order and it seemed to be taking forever. The waiter kept saying our dinner would be brought to us soon. Then, he came back and said there was a problem and it was just being prepared. We were nice about it, and the waiter came and said our dinners were on the house. We left him a big tip.

Too bad when the Q gets some of those patties back in they won't give you a discount on them.

Honored Contributor

They don't seem to have any trouble informing us of sales, promotions, easy pay, etc.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Something similar happened to me a while back, I ordered a rug on the website....it never came, so I called and they said it had been damaged during shipment......no phone call, no email, no letter, no re-order placed if I hadn't called I guess QVC would have just kept my money.  Needless to say I ordered a similar rug from another retailer!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Chrisiebur

I guess with so many ways to order, automated ordering, calling CS, order online, or order through the APP they just don't have a system to keep track of the orders coming from all the different ways....Smiley Sad

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I think it is very poor practice not to inform your customer about order changes...no excuse.

Honored Contributor

@Chrisiebur wrote:

So I have been ordering from the q for over 25 years and this is a new one for me.  I ordered some chicken paties.  Expecting them to be delivered tomorrow, I took a look only to find my order canceled, which took me by total surprise! I could not find or understand, so I called customer service for an explanaion.  The very nice rep placed me on hold, and after a few minutes came back and said "we ran out so we cancelled your order."  No email explaing this or phone call.  I asked what  was up and why they did not contact me, she shared they don't do this anymore(meaning they no longer contact customers to tell them they over sold a product and can't ship it). Well okay then, so I don't find this good customer service.... or seriously what is going on with the Q?

At LEAST an email would be in order....but NOTHING?  That stinks!

Esteemed Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

First, I'm going to assume your experience was entirely true.  Then I'll say that you described horrifically bad customer service.  Can you imagine if your local restaurant let you sit there, and only when you questioned where your meal was, did you learn they ran out and cancelled it?

Or better yet, you order your meal  with pesto and they bring you alfredo sauce, insisting it's  pesto!!! Yes, this actually happened to me. Woman LOL

Occasional Contributor

Yes, all is totally true!  In my 25 years of buying from the Q I have never had this happen!  I am going to think long before buying again.....