Contributor

I wish QVC would not allow reviews that don't really review the product.  The people that complain because the product doesn't have their size is NOT a review.  They should be like HSN...can't review until 10 days after verified purchase.  I usually read most of the reviews first, but allowing them to complain skews the reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish QVC did not allow people to review the products if they didn’t even purchase the products ..... why do people do this? .... 👎

Respected Contributor

I have seen low ratings on an item I’m interested in and then found that the negative reviews were for slow shipping, not available in petite, bad color on me, etc. That’s a disservice to other buyers and the vendor. I agree, QVC should not allow these kinds of reviews.

Esteemed Contributor

Agreed!   I think you should be required to comment on sizing/fit of the item when it's clothing.   So many people don't even mention if it is true to size, runs small, or runs large!!??   I don't care about what you are going to wear it with, be more informative please.

Honored Contributor

That's why there should be a format to complete - especially for clothing.  I always put my size and whether the fit was true or I had to size up or down and that I am short torsoed with a thick waist or large busted, etc. 

Frequent Contributor

I've written complaints and reported some reviews as inappropriate, because they reviewed items that are advanced orders and hadn't even shipped!!  Also, those who give bad reviews, such has "I didn't realize this mixer was not a tilt head", as I read the other day,  I won't repeat what I call these types of reviews, but really, the reviews should be "reviewed" before posting.

Valued Contributor

@RetiredATC wrote:

I've written complaints and reported some reviews as inappropriate, because they reviewed items that are advanced orders and hadn't even shipped!!  Also, those who give bad reviews, such has "I didn't realize this mixer was not a tilt head", as I read the other day,  I won't repeat what I call these types of reviews, but really, the reviews should be "reviewed" before posting.

@RetiredATC Supposedly reviews are reviewed before they're posted.

Honored Contributor

A lot of companies have third parties that handle reviews.  They have systems in place that monitor certain words, phrases, and such but, otherwise, they don't do a whole lot.  

I don't really care if a person has purchased the item.  If I'm really interested in reviews of a product, it's pretty easy to disregard the ones that don't really apply.

Valued Contributor

@molly olly wrote:

I wish QVC would not allow reviews that don't really review the product.  The people that complain because the product doesn't have their size is NOT a review.  They should be like HSN...can't review until 10 days after verified purchase.  I usually read most of the reviews first, but allowing them to complain skews the reviews.

I agree, completely! Some people are just bent on posting negative reviews of certain products, certain designers, certain styles, etc.  It's so obvious they've never purchased the item, they don't comment on the specifics, only bash the designer or style they want to bash.  I always report these reviews as inappropriate.  QVC should require a verified purchase, especially when it's so obvious. Yes, we can easily scroll through these reviews, but it isn't fair to the designer or the customer when bad reviews skew the other fair and honest reviews. 

Esteemed Contributor

I believe they should allow whatever someone wants to say.  Slow shipping does make a difference to me for example.  I always read reviews first and if the product is a national product as in electronics... I read reviews on Google.  Nothing like having information first.  We cannot touch it or try it on or test it out just because we see it.  And often the hosts are too busy talking about themselves to explain what the product is like.  

My issue is obviously with the presentations and not the reviews.  Reviews save me.