Valued Contributor

A moderator may want to pop over to the reviews for the TSV Clark's loafers. 

8 "reviews" and only ONE claims to have bought the shoes.

The rest are complaints about this or that, that they don't like how they look, and even say they didn't buy them. The one that says she bought it ( the section asking if they bought the item says "yes") mentions how they were not going to fit since she's a narrow, and they don't come in narrows.  I know I'm not the only one that reads reviews to gauge if I'll buy the item. 

https://www.qvc.com/CLOUDSTEPPERS-by-Clarks-Slip-On-Loafers---Sillian-20-Hope.product.A366900.html?s...

Honored Contributor

Well, at least all but one noted that they did not make the purchase, just making the point that this one did not offer narrow widths. I get that.

Clarks call these a loafer and as one poster said, these are not a typical loafer style that we all know (and love). Loved the tweeds & herringobne patterns but the darn shoe looks like 'old lady' shoes. While I'm 66 I certainly don't consider myself old-lady like in my shoes nor fashions that I wear but I would not at all would buy these.

And for the Clarks reps to say these are leather and not really be leather is just wrong.

Honored Contributor

@Ane1Care wrote:

A moderator may want to pop over to the reviews for the TSV Clark's loafers. 

8 "reviews" and only ONE claims to have bought the shoes.

The rest are complaints about this or that, that they don't like how they look, and even say they didn't buy them. The one that says she bought it ( the section asking if they bought the item says "yes") mentions how they were not going to fit since she's a narrow, and they don't come in narrows.  I know I'm not the only one that reads reviews to gauge if I'll buy the item. 

https://www.qvc.com/CLOUDSTEPPERS-by-Clarks-Slip-On-Loafers---Sillian-20-Hope.product.A366900.html?s...

@Ane1Care 

I totally agree.  The false reviews are so out of control.  I also read them to gauge a purchase.

I just read one on a cake where they also CLAIMED they purchased it and then asked "What's in this cake?  Golden Flour"  (referring to the high price ticket)  Then stated they would never buy it!

This has been a topic raised so many times.  Sure wish QVC would listen and get a grip on these inaccurate or false reviews.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Well, at least all but one noted that they did not make the purchase, just making the point that this one did not offer narrow widths. I get that.

Clarks call these a loafer and as one poster said, these are not a typical loafer style that we all know (and love). Loved the tweeds & herringobne patterns but the darn shoe looks like 'old lady' shoes. While I'm 66 I certainly don't consider myself old-lady like in my shoes nor fashions that I wear but I would not at all would buy these.

And for the Clarks reps to say these are leather and not really be leather is just wrong.

And the Forums is the perfect place to make our comments such as these. 

Not carrying my size, width, or color, and comments on  the style not being ours do not belong in the item reviews.

I am interested in the quality of the garment, sizing, workmanship etc. 

Valued Contributor

That's what I thought. They have accounts so, why not come over here? The only way to stop it would be to remove the [Write Review] from the item page, and put it solely on your account page next to the [Track Order], ect. That way only those that bought the item can post a review. 

I've notice companies that sell items though QVC can link reviews they recieved on their websites here. Such as HANES. Most of the reviews for Just My Size are crossposted from the HANES website. That's fine, since they can control the reviews themselves. The last time I wrote a review on their website you had to get the invite to do so though an email from them, you couldn't just post a review of something you didn't buy there. That needs to happen here, too. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Reviews on TSV Clark's

[ Edited ]

You were easily able to identify the valid review.  Ignore the rest.   It isn't going to change anyone's life.

Respected Contributor

The issue for me with bogus reviews is that the rating system (stars) can be unfairly lowered, especially if there is a low number of reviews. Sometimes when I'm looking at a few pages of possible items I just look at the average rating and keep scrolling if it's 3 stars or lower.

I agree with the poster who suggested the review tab be placed on the order status page.