Occasional Contributor

With the increased competition with on-line shopping, it would be beneficial to its customers if QVC would reconsider its $6.95 return policy for shipping and handling, particularly since it is $3 to send an item from QVC to us.  Obviously, the $6.95 is meant to deter us from returning items, and it does.  There have been times that I wanted to return but didn't since I didn't feel it was "fair" of QVC to charge any amount, let alone one that is so high.  It's "customer service" in 2018, and as long as we are willing to pay this amount, they will continue to take advantage...  to a point when we choose to shop elsewhere.  With that, it would be good marketing to have more free shipping and handling days as an inducement to buy.

Super Contributor

When I receive something that doesn't fit or I won't wear I always return even with the $6.95 fee. I figure it is better to get any amount back than nothing at all.

Honored Contributor

Not only does it cost us $6.95 if we use the label....we also lose the original $3 shipping fee(or possibly more)  that is no longer refunded.

Trying an item could cost you $9.95 or higher if you return it.

USPS prices have gone up so high that many times the label fee is lower than what it would cost to return USPS First Class Mail with tracking.

Respected Contributor

I’ll bet the serial returners were a factor in changes to the shipping  policy. Most of the time, I find it cheaper not to use their label. As a result, my shopping with QVC has decreased significantly.

Respected Contributor

That is why I hate it when a host says it costs nothing to try it. Oh yes it does.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Honored Contributor

@too cute.  You do know, I hope, that you can pay at the post office to return items.  If its a small item like jewelry, you usually save several dollars.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I do know that we can return items at the post office instead of using the QVC label.  When I returned a lightweight top mailing it at the post office, QVC claimed it never was returned.  I followed the directions!  When I called customer service, it did take about 15-20 minutes, however, they did give me credit for the return.  We all have different opinions and experiences and choices (luckily for us)..  Why be frustrated when there are so many shopping opportunities for us?  

Honored Contributor

Shop Nordstrom...fee shipping,free returns and excellent guarantees.

Frequent Contributor

My thought exactly. With sizing being so inconsistent there has to be an huge  amount of returns. Also the shipping system the Q uses is outdated. With Amazon massive free shipping and 2 or 3 delivery days makes me question why I am willing to wait 7 to 10  days for delivery. Also what burns me up is the transfer from UPS to the post office.I can automatically add 2 to 3 days more to receive the package. I asked the post office  why the transfer and they said it is the slowest shipping available(snail pace) and these items are put on a separate pallet and only added to their.regular shipping pallet if there is room. Cheap, cheap cheap. I had a package sit at a post office  2 hour away for 4 days waiting to be put on a ready for shipment pallet I am so done......I have always said shipping is a huge profit center for QVC.  

Respected Contributor

I am so tired of paying return shipping so I have really cut back on ordering from shopping channels, and I dont watch often anymore!