Occasional Contributor

Remove the Advertisements on Screen

Does QVC realize that their advertisements on the lower right portion of the screen actually block the presentations. More often than not, there is something that I want to see or what the camera is showing but one is unable to view. Please remove all the ads on the screen as its distracting as well.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remove the Advertisements on Screen

[ Edited ]

Or the one in the upper right-hand corner! How annoying is that one? Of the emails that say "We think you'll love this __________".  Usually, it's something I looked at and didn't like!! 

ETA: So, QVC, PLEASE STOP ANNOYING CUSTOMERS!!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@Chimsqua  The ads in the lower righthand corner appear on HSN too.  Pressing exit on the Xfinity (Comcast) remote clears them from the screen.  Although easy to remove, the ads seem unnecessary, but some genius has decided that this is a new way to promote a show or content available via streaming.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Yes, some genius in marketing or IT....they are everywhere....on regular channels and shows too...not just shopping channels.

They aren't trying to annoy us, just another ploy to boost sales.

They are not going to go  away.  I'll save my angst for something else since I can't do anything about it.  Grrrr.....

Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan either. This is also HSN.  Information is blocked.  No idea why they think this is a good idea. 

Esteemed Contributor

I find it so annoying when I'm trying to shop, the bottom left screen is a live shot of what is being presented. We don't want to see that. 

Esteemed Contributor

I get frustrated by all the ads as well, especially when there's something in the top right or the bottom right that is exactly the same as something posted in the bottom left or in the item description section. Definitely overkill.

But at least the Q is not yet as bad as Food Network, which pops up right-corner ads that take up 1/4 of the screen and flash all kinds of images and text—they must know that all the actual cooking shows have actions going on in the bottom section of the screen (typically the countertop or prep surface), so there is no way these ads won't block content. And it's even better when there are giant pop-ups AND a useless "countdown clock" at the top right promoting the debut of some new show. Yeesh.

Contributor

I totally hate the advertisement. If I'm looking for something specific and every time I change the page or click those things pop up and it's extremely annoying. Maybe going back to the mall isn't such a bad idea get rid of pop-ups