Occasional Contributor

Remember when the host/hostess used to give length on clothing?  Mary Beth Rowe does Amy Strand does, Mary Deangles (sorry Mary I butchered your last names) bu,t Carolyn Gracie doesn't anynnore.  I have to have my Kindle next to me to look up whats the length of the garment.  This is especially true for tops as I won't buy anything that isn't longer then 261/2, I don't like my belly button to show when I raise my arms-sigh.  Im only 5'4" but 25 1/2 just isn't long enough,  And pants;  I DO care what 's consider petitie, regular and tall as brands ARE different.   I hate when they say just look it up.  NO that's your job to tell us so we can order with confidence.   Maybe less squirrel time and getting back to selling clothes?  Or the the infamous, just look at the QVC size xharts and by the time I get to my coputer or kindle the item is sold out??????  Commit to telling the consuer ALL and not the wildlife

Esteemed Contributor

It is essential to know the length of clothing items. I always check online on my iPad if I"m watching Q on TV. In fact, I always order directly from my iPad, so I can always check the exact garment specs before ordering. 

Honored Contributor

You make a good point.  Why is it necessary to watch TV and have a cellphone or tablet nearby?  Just use the cellphone, tablet, or PC...forget the TV.  

There's plenty of time, though, to give measurements and other info than blame the squirrel for taking a few minutes of time from the entire program. 

Respected Contributor

I agree.  There are a couple who mention that "3 lengths are available - petite, regular, and tall" yet they don't take the next step and give the lengths!  What if "tall" is 27 inches in that line?  That's not tall in my book and wouldn't work for me.  It seems like these important facts would be on their little blue cards and easily shareable.

Valued Contributor
A long time ago it was Jayne Brown who came up with the idea of foregoing to tell the sizes of the garment.
Not a good idea but it stuck.
G
Honored Contributor

@Parischic wrote:
A long time ago it was Jayne Brown who came up with the idea of foregoing to tell the sizes of the garment.
Not a good idea but it stuck.
G

@Parischic  Yes, I remember 

Valued Contributor

@Hobbypup1 

I agree and it's annoying.  

They have a slogan on their advertising between shows that says something like "shopping come to life".

Actually, that is their edge over other online retailers and they are not taking full advantage of it. 

Instead of playtime and storytelling, bring back the rulers and the tapemeasures if necessary and give us ALL the info for the product shown.  

Then-if there's a few seconds left in the presentation,  they can tell me all the places I can wear it😉

Super Contributor
I don't think it was a host determination to only say small med large etc. It was a qvc policy to forgoe measurements.