Respected Contributor

Re: RETURN LABELS A MUST QVC.

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@TheMemphisVette Smell this - 

Disposable diapers take at least 500 years to decompose.

While most cotton and wood products parts of disposable diapers can decompose readily within five months, the absorbent gels and plastic components do not. They need at least 500 years to decompose fully.

Diapers are petroleum products, releases gases in the landfill, introduce human feces to the groundwater, and create 3.6 million tons in the landfill, where it sits for hundreds of years.

My small label and paper work is miniscule to other larger polluters of our landfills.

@new nickname 4 

bless your heat

justify waste any way that makes you feel better about it

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Valued Contributor

I have thought about saving the labels of items I don't return to use for something I am returning and QVC did not provide a label.  

Trusted Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@TheMemphisVette Smell this - 

Disposable diapers take at least 500 years to decompose.

While most cotton and wood products parts of disposable diapers can decompose readily within five months, the absorbent gels and plastic components do not. They need at least 500 years to decompose fully.

Diapers are petroleum products, releases gases in the landfill, introduce human feces to the groundwater, and create 3.6 million tons in the landfill, where it sits for hundreds of years.

My small label and paper work is miniscule to other larger polluters of our landfills.

Your "small" label and paperwork includes millions that will never be used.  There are very few retailers that include a return label or invoice at this point, including Nordstrom, Anthropologie, Madewell etc. It's a cost savings to the retailer as well.

Considering the small percentage of people returning plus the fact that over 80% of US households have a printer, this is the responsible way to go.

Honored Contributor

@Thats Me wrote:

Oh gosh @rms1954 @do,you think it was a mistake when hsn didn't include one? I've never gotten a package from them that didn't include a return label and packing slip.

I have gotten some from QVC that didn't include the labels. Several I needed to return and they had to mail to me because I don't have a printer. They said it would be ok if it was past the 30 days.

I don't think it was a mistake.  It really just depends on the item.  When I call both QVC and HSN to tell that I'm returning something, the first thing they ask is "did you get a return label or do you need one sent to your email or via mail." 

Super Contributor

@Tori3569 , exceept that those printers that only get used once in a while for a return label (and apparently QVC now doesn't have the capability of letting the customer print their own label), the ink dries up.  Do you know that you have to recycle your ink cartridges, and you can't just throw away your junk printer?  How do you dispose of your used and broken printer or your used ink cartridges?  I certainly hope you don't just throw them in the garbage.  And yes, even a $100 printer (which is essentially a junk printer) will quit within 2 years.

Waste is waste, saying that not sending a return label less than the size of a piece of paper is savings is a reasonable way to go isn't making sense.  I get pages of junk mail, market publications, advertisements, political garbage weekly.  Since QVC has discontinued sending for the most part this paper work, have you seen that they reduced their prices?  I firmly believe that they are not saving money.

Lastly, I don't buy from other retailers, such as Nordstrom etc.  I use to buy from QVC, but don't any longer - part of the reason being they are cheapening their convience.  I don't see the quality that use to be there in the past few years, and I don't see the value either. MOO

Honored Contributor

@CABRIT    I dont know of another internet merchant that includes return labels.  The one with which I do business sure dont, including Amazon and Walmart.

Its no big deal to take a piece of paper or a printed address label from stationary supplies, (I use 3 X 5 cards) and make your own label then mail at the USPS.  The addresses for returns are in the CS section.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

I'm always surprised at these 'no receipt or return label included in package' posts.

I've shopped here for 30+ years and I have never not had a receipt or return label included in my order, including a couple this week and a few last week.

I'm not doubting anyone at all who said they haven't.......I just hope I didn't jinx myself, LOL!

@KingstonsMom    They seem to primarily come from the California warehouses which primarily serve customers West of the Mississippi.  I'd say 3/4 or more of my packages come from there and they never have paperwork included.

Trusted Contributor

@new nickname 4 Actually, I use the HP ink program where I pay a set price every month and they send me the cartridges right before I run out.  They include a postage paid return package that my used cartridges go in.   For $4.99 or $9.99 a month depending on how much I'm printing, it works perfectly for me with no waste.  

Also, as @Kachina624 wrote, neither Amazon nor Walmart sends paperwork now either and they are the largest retailers in the world.  
I would not expect any business to lower prices, but things like this help them to not raise shipping prices either.  

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

@Thats Me wrote:

Oh gosh @rms1954 @do,you think it was a mistake when hsn didn't include one? I've never gotten a package from them that didn't include a return label and packing slip.

I have gotten some from QVC that didn't include the labels. Several I needed to return and they had to mail to me because I don't have a printer. They said it would be ok if it was past the 30 days.

I don't think it was a mistake.  It really just depends on the item.  When I call both QVC and HSN to tell that I'm returning something, the first thing they ask is "did you get a return label or do you need one sent to your email or via mail." 

@rms1954   In over 30 years of shopping, I've never called to say I'm returning something.  Why?  They don't care what you do.  You're just taking up somebody's time.  They're probably wondering why you're calling too.

Respected Contributor

What may be a "must" for some is certainly not a must or need for everyone. Perhaps going forward QVC needs to offer an option for default selection for those that want to receive a label.