Honored Contributor

Often, I have unintentionally selected the 'mark all posts as unread' while using my tablet. I doubt many posters want this, so just having settings under quick links would please me and others who have, mistakenly, chosen something they didn't want.

Honored Contributor

Re: Quick Links

[ Edited ]

This is an excellent idea, @occasionalrain.  I know of no cases in which anyone chose either "Mark all posts in Community as New" or "Mark all posts in Community as Read" intentionally.   And it's far too easy to tap/click on those by mistake. 

It's always seemed to me that these 2 features defeat the useful purpose of the software that allows us to know at a glance if we've read all the posts on a thread or to go directly to the unread responses when we open a thread.   

Would be great to see both of these removed from Quick Links.   Most of our requests fall on deaf ears once forwarded to the tech support team, however, and I think that's because QVC purchased a basic version of forum software and in most cases they won't offer changes.   That's why we don't have the "Ignore User" feature or better emoticons.   Always good to ask, though.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova