Honored Contributor

Re: Questions About the Community?

Thanks for moving this thread to the top!

They ARE listening, they ARE reading, they ARE doing things.

I saw a new feature today at the top of the forum for sorting by post time vs thread name.

They are making it more user friendly.  These things just take time.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I have a couple of questions also.  They may have already been listed, but I can't read everyone.

(1)  When we go into our own posts, how do we find the most current ones, so that we can see who responded to us and what the new ones are?  As it stands now, it seems as though there are just random listings of our old posts. 

(2)  I don't understand how the "heart" thing works.  If I want to "heart" someone's post, how do I actually do it?  I hit on the heart of someone's post that I liked, but it took me out of the post and just said something like so-and so is given 1 heart.  But then, I was totally out of the post.  Didn't know if I was supposed to type something there or what?

(3)  We used to be able to add a little signature tag which stayed at the end of our posts.  I don't know what its called.  It was like a little saying or something.  How do we do that?

Thank you, I appreciate your reply.  I am finding this confusing like most people here, but I am trying!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

Please Please Please bring back the SUB Forums, or if we're in need of a "house cleaning" at least allow the start of brand new sub forums as needed. Most of us do not have the time nor inclination to wade through hundreds (thousands?) of posts about Fashion in general to find the product line threads on the designers/product lines we like. We depend on those threads for sizing, color feedback etc. This also applies to Jewelry and most of the other forums. It's a simple matter of organization, taught as outlines in every school (except perhaps computer programming school ???) 

Contributor

YES bring back the subforums!  The new format is so disorganized. I's hard to find anything. I just posted on another thread that the gamers need their own subforum, because you cant even find any of the Viewpoints threads in Community Chat now. You just have to keep scrolling past dozens of games. Bring back the Games subforum and the Viewpoints subforum.

Also I dislike the "hearts" system. So you can only indicate that you like a post, not that you dislike it?  Why can't QVC use the thumbs up/thumbs down options available on other websites' comments sections?

Contributor

I am still unable to find the "breadcrumbs". Many others posting this as well. Help us ,please.

Respected Contributor

My biggest issue:

I can't display the full list of topics according to time of LAST REPLY.    The only options for sorting are by date of topic creation (which is not useful to me because some topics of interest were created long ago) or by time of ALL recent posts (which results in a topic that's generating a lot of current responses being displayed over and over again). 

Because I can't display topics according to time of LAST REPLY I can't find the threads I want to read.  This has taken the fun out of reading threads and has turned the task of finding threads of interest WORK instead of play.  

Honored Contributor

How do I get it so all the topics show up with the newest being at the top?   I don't want to see "new" or "recent", I just want one long list of all the posts.   

Esteemed Contributor

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah, thanks for putting this on top...of the suggestion box only...?  Put it on top of ALL the forums as well as the "view all forum topics."  Altho, I have no idea why I'm even asking you to do that since you've completely ignored this topic for over 24 hrs.  Some of us get that you are probably scrambling around like chics w/heads cut off right now...it happens when you go-live.  But, really?  You can't get SOME info to us by this point?  In just the little I've been looking around/playing, I've seen dozens and dozens of the same questions.  Why don't you put out SOME info giving detailed instructions on how to...edit, find threads, cut/paste pics/avatars.  Or tell us what AT LEAST ONE NEW FEATURE is all about.  Like the (juvenile) heart thing.  You can't put a small tutorial or topic/post together to give us detailed description and how to use the (juvenile) heart thang? 

With all apologies to the poster named Sheesh...

SHEESH!!  Unreal! 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

My last message is marked "message 1 of 168." Shouldn't that be "message 168 of 168??"
~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~