Super Contributor

Maybe this has already been asked, so I apologize up front.  I have HDTV - high definition channels, QVC being one of them.  I'm curious why the QVC2 channel is not high definition.  I have Directv.  QVC2 (Channel 315 for me) is kinda blurry almost.  Thank you in advance.  

Respected Contributor

@DianeFM wrote:

Maybe this has already been asked, so I apologize up front.  I have HDTV - high definition channels, QVC being one of them.  I'm curious why the QVC2 channel is not high definition.  I have Directv.  QVC2 (Channel 315 for me) is kinda blurry almost.  Thank you in advance.  

It's the cable companies who choose what is offered in HD and what is not in each market. If you want QVC2 in HD, you should contact DirectTV and ask them. I'm have a small Texas-only cable and get far fewer HD channels than people with larger cable companies, like Spectrum and Comcast.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC2 & HDTV

[ Edited ]

My channel  has awful pixel break up in it. I called out the cable co. he put on some kind of gizmo and said it's fixed, nope, it's not either, still has pixel break up, and picture freeze frames. 

I called out my warranty service people on my fancy 55 in 4K UHD samsung TV and had them to run it thru the paces, only QVC had the problem.

I sent a email offline to Customer Service told them to tell their TV people about it, yep, they said they would.   Still have the problem.

Like bad posters and taxes you just have to put up with it I'm afraid.

I've done all I can humanly do.

Good Luck !

Honored Contributor

@Alison WonderlandMaybe it's the cable companies or maybe it's what the cable companies charge companies to use their set-up and QVC just wasn't ready to pay extrta when Q2 started??  I use 2 different large cable companies (snowbird here) and only QVC itself is shown via HD, not Q2. And both homes are in large markets where I assume there are plenty of customers with HD.

One of these days, I'll finally spring for a set that even has HD capability.  Mine are still those clunky old huge tube machines!

Trusted Contributor

Verizon service.  QVC and BeautyQ in high def;   QVC 2 no.

Respected Contributor

I called to complain about QVC2 coming in on regular format instead of HD. The woman was apologetic but had no clue when they would offer QVC2 in HD. Essentially a waste of time being on hold 20 minutes waiting to get to a live person.

Esteemed Contributor

I have Dish and QVC2 is broadcast in standard definition (SD).  Clearly SD is a Q decision not the carriers.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Frequent Contributor

@Marp wrote:

I have Dish and QVC2 is broadcast in standard definition (SD).  Clearly SD is a Q decision not the carriers.

I agree! And it's a very BAD decision IMO since it's blurred, the description and prices are difficult to read AND the hosts and models all are awarded an extra 40 lbs.  Of course, I have an option whether to watch it and most times I do NOT for those reasons. It's really quite funny to observe unless of course, you would really like to purchase something; however, I wouldn't find it so amusing if I were a stockholder!!

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC2 & HDTV

[ Edited ]

It's your provider.

I have Spectrum Cable and I'm in the Cleveland area.  A few months back, they began broadcasting Q2 in HD. 

We do not get JTV in HD and if I'm ever watching that channel, they continually run a blurb telling customers to ask their cable company to start broadcasting JTV in HD.  

I do not get Beauty IQ at all.

Esteemed Contributor

For whatever it's worth, the QVC2 signal through the QVC Roku app is also very poor in its quality, with lots of blurriness and "skipping" in presentations. Overall, the QVC Roku app is really not as stable or strong as it should be, as both QVC and QVC2 often shut themselves down and force the app to exit for no apparent reason. This does not happen on any of my other Roku apps. I've sent messages to customer service about this and even provided information about it in a QVC survey that was sent to me, but the app remains glitchy.

For now, it seems the best bet for decent signal quality is watching QVC and QVC2 online through the Q website if you have a good connection.