Honored Contributor

QVC - please alert forum users to the browser issue

I am now using Chrome and earlier in the day used an old version of Internet Explorer.

Chrome makes the page look halfway decent; the old IE created a messy and cluttered screen.

No doubt some users are aware already, but many are not.

This is just one of the many things that should have been spelled out by QVC ahead of time.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC - please alert forum users to the browser issue

Yes, I agree.  I'm using my PC (Internet Explorer browser) and the formatting is horrible and difficult to read, the columns do not line up correctly.  No sub-forums and the site is difficult to navigate.  I enjoy the Beauty Forum but I don't have the time, patience or desire to scroll through 50 threads on WEN to find a thread I'm interested in reading. 

It doesn't matter how much I try to edit my preferences, the formatting is incorrect and the reply screen jumps around while I'm typing. 

Sorry, but I'm not changing the browser on my PC just to participate on QVC's forum.  I'm the customer, here, not the other way around and a shopping network's forum needs to be user-friendly to ALL their customers.  Not all customers are only using their phones or tablets to communicate, some of us are still using our PC's with IE.

The formatting is a bit better using my Kindle Fire (Silk browser), the columns line up correctly, and the new formatting is obviously designed to be used with small devices like phones and tablets.  Shame on the IT Dept. for not integrating this new forum design with IE on PC's. 

And the Hearts, give me a break, it's insulting, I turned off that function.  We are adults, not teenagers on Facebook competing in a popularity contest.

Super Contributor

@River Song wrote:

Yes, I agree.  I'm using my PC (Internet Explorer browser) and the formatting is horrible and difficult to read, the columns do not line up correctly.  No sub-forums and the site is difficult to navigate.  I enjoy the Beauty Forum but I don't have the time, patience or desire to scroll through 50 threads on WEN to find a thread I'm interested in reading. 

It doesn't matter how much I try to edit my preferences, the formatting is incorrect and the reply screen jumps around while I'm typing. 

Sorry, but I'm not changing the browser on my PC just to participate on QVC's forum.  I'm the customer, here, not the other way around and a shopping network's forum needs to be user-friendly to ALL their customers.  Not all customers are only using their phones or tablets to communicate, some of us are still using our PC's with IE.

The formatting is a bit better using my Kindle Fire (Silk browser), the columns line up correctly, and the new formatting is obviously designed to be used with small devices like phones and tablets.  Shame on the IT Dept. for not integrating this new forum design with IE on PC's. 

And the Hearts, give me a break, it's insulting, I turned off that function.  We are adults, not teenagers on Facebook competing in a popularity contest.

And, no offense to you, but the ability to select your own font choice is really difficult to read in a multi-thread forum. It is hard on the eyes to go from one font to another. 

Respected Contributor

I'm using my PC (Internet Explorer browser) and the formatting is horrible and difficult to read, the columns do not line up correctly.  No sub-forums and the site is difficult to navigate.  I enjoy the Beauty Forum but I don't have the time, patience or desire to scroll through 50 threads on WEN to find a thread I'm interested in reading. 

Thank you I am on IE and it is painful to look at I will try Chrome and also hope they could use a pastel color to soften the back ground all this white is so unfriendly.....

Trusted Contributor

Moto, I'm not offended in the least about the font and size of my previous post.  This is what I see on my PC with IE when I type a response in the reply window (see below).  There is no toolbar at the top for me to choose fonts, colors, size, etc.  It's ridiculous that the new forum is not compatible with Internet Explorer.

Screenshot QVC Forum (545x795).jpg

Honored Contributor

I am using Chrome on a Macbook and the formatting looks fine, I am going to check it out in Safari for comparison. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

River Song, hover your mouse over the horizontal sections and a pop up box appears showing you what each section does. I used it on my laptop with windows and it worked. Not on my iPad tho.
Trusted Contributor

Himi lover, yep, I've been trying to hover the mouse over the horizontal sections and sometimes the pop-up box works but most of the time....NOT.

I tried to edit my previous post with the screen shot to insert a larger photo of it but couldn't find the section for inserting a photo again, the pop-up box wasn't functioning. 

Beyond frustrating.  I participate on this forum for relaxation and enjoyment in my free time to decompress.  If I want frustration, I'll go to work and at least get paid money for the frustration!

I'm giving up posting from my PC and will just read the forum from my Kindle Fire.  No way will I be posting from the Kindle, I don't have the patience for the hunt-and-peck typing on those screen keyboards.

This is probably a very good thing in the long run for me.  Less participation on the forums, less money I spend with QVC.  Not that QVC gives a rip, they are always courting new customers but providing lousy customer service to their existing ones.