Occasional Contributor

Early in the year I ordered a couple of items from QVC. I ordered them over the telephone and they were shipped to the correct address because I gave my new shipping address to customer service. 

In June I ordered some potstickers and a new computer.  I ordered these items online. The earlier items have been shipped to my current address so I didn't think anything of simply ordering them. They were shipped to an old address that was two years old in Kentucky when I now live in Arizona. The resident in the apartment where I used to live two years ago excepted the packages  and signed for them. So, they never showed up in Arizona. Even though I have change my address with customer service on the phone. Even though I had received the package is already from QVC at my new address.  I had to figure out what had happened to my packages and I wrote emails and called QVC.  It took me several hours to get this resolved. But, I was assured that it was all taken care of and they were shipping me a new computer. 

In the meantime, I saw a different computer that I wanted instead of the first one. So, I called on the phone and talk to customer service to let them know that I was going to order the new computer and send back the one when it arrived that I had originally ordered. So, when the UPS man showed up with the new Computer I handed him the package, unopened to return to QVC that contained the first ( or I guess the second )  computer. A couple of days later I got an  email telling me that they had received the computer. So now I had one computer. 

I set it up on easy pay. I had enough money in the bank to make payments for a couple of months and more money coming in so when I went into the hospital I didn't worry about not being able to make my payment.  I came home from the hospital and had been very ill for quite some time so I didn't balance my checkbook.  Then last month when I got paid I look at my bank account and I didn't have enough money to pay my rent!  But, I was still very sick and I had to resolve the issue quickly so I went and took out a loan to pay my rent. The loan was very expensive at a high interest rate.   I checked my bank statement to see what date was on the last payment on the computer to figure out when the next payment would be due. It showed that the payment would come out around the 23rd of the month. 

So when my Social Security check came in on the third I paid my rent, balancedmy checkbook  and started to pay my bills. Including $111 for the interest on the loan. Because I still didn't have enough money to pay off the loan. After I went to pay the interest on the loan I check my bank account again and another payment had come out against the computer from QVC.  So, I had to go back to my QVC account  and once again figure out for QVC what was happening to my account. It showed that even though I had returned the computer I was still being charged $96 plus per month for the computer that had been returned. They had taken three months of payments out  of my bank account  for a computer that they showed is returned. 

Now I've been up all night trying to stay under control but I am very angry.  I called QVC CUSTOMER SERVICE and now I've been told that it will take five business days to get the money back to me into my bank account. I don't have grocery money because QVC has my money. I can't pay my electric bill because QVC has my money.  I have a loan out against my car because QVC has my money. The payment from QVC didn't directly bounce a check but because they have my money it bounced a different check.  I called and talked to the person that answered the phone. I was not satisfied with the response that it's going to take five business days to get my money back so I asked to talk to a supervisor. They told me the same thing. I asked to talk to their supervisor and she refused to allow it. 

QVC has taken on authorized payments for my bank account which is as far as I know illegal. If I am not allowed to talk to somebody in charge that can resolve this issue quickly and in my favor monetarily I will be contacting my attorney on Tuesday.  It is a holiday weekend which means even if they process it on Monday my bank is closed so I am not going to get my money back and till a week from Monday? In the meantime I have no groceries and can't pay my electric bill. Someone is going to fix it immediately or I will be compensated financially for this chaos. It doesn't do any good to say I'm sorry for your inconvenience  and then not resolve the issue that you caused.   Someone better call me and resolve this issue immediately. Don't tell me I can't talk to the person in charge or my next step is to call my attorney. You have taken money out of my bank account without authorization! 

Honored Contributor

Hope you get a resolution quickly -  I can't imagine anything less than 5 days because of how the banking systems work.

I do know because I'm a snowbird and change my shipping address twice every year that I always do new orders over the phone and ALWAYS ask what address they are shipping to.  I do that everywhere not because of QVC but because twice during my snowbird experiences, I've had medications shipped to the wrong address.  Talk about a rise in blood pressure!

Anyway - I'm sorry for your troubles, all of them, because you sound as if you're on overwhelm in many ways.

Respected Contributor
@Blessings2Yah777  Unfortunately that's your mistake.  You have to change your default address in your account.   Giving them an address doesn't change what you have on your computer.
I pretty much learned this the hard way with Keurig kcups.   I had ordered them from my present address but they still went to the default address.   It took me 2 months to get the order replaced.   
~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Occasional Contributor

Re: QVC dropped the ball!

[ Edited ]

Regardless of the one that got shipped to the wrong address, the one that got shipped to the right address was returned and logged as returned by QVC. They have been charging me for it anyway. So, they did drop the ball!  And I didn't overspend my budget. They took money out of my account that they were not entitled to! Nearly $300.

Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry for all your troubles.  When you changed your address with customer service, it would have been helpful if customer service explained to you that you had to change your default setting on your computer.  Sounds like QVC does not have the most advanced computer system to me.

Good luck with everything.  In the future, I would advise you to conduct all your purchases by phone if you ever purchase from QVC again.

Trusted Contributor

No matter what the OP did or didn't do, she does not deserve this.

Occasional Contributor

Re: QVC dropped the ball!

[ Edited ]

A) I did have enough money in the account for my payments.

B) the second computer WAS shipped to the correct address.  Then I called QVC to order the third computer and it they told me how to ship the second one back.  I did that.  It was received by QVC and I received an email which confirmed the receipt of the computer and said that I would be refunded the payment I had made on it.  QVC did not refund the payment and charged me two more payments.

C) I'm not stupid and I'm not neglectful of my personal responsibilities.  What I am is a woman who went into heart and kidney failure during this time.  Since QVC was showing the computer as returned and I had received an email to that effect promising the refund, I took them at their word.

D) And yes, you can take your opinions and stuff them.  You don't know me or all the facts and yet a company that prides itself on customer service did.  When I called in June to straighten things out they said it was all taken care of.  Plus I have an email to that effect.  When you contract with someone who doesn't follow through on their end of the contract and costs you hours and hours of follow up, you have every right to complain.  And yes, I just joined the forum to complain.  I believe I have the right to stand up for myself.

Occasional Contributor

You don't listen very well.  Do you?

i had the money in the bank for the one computer I bought.  I did not have the money in the bank for two computers because I did not buy two computers.  I bought one computer which I had plenty of money to pay for.  I got sick and was unable to review my account.  So that is not QVC's fault.  What is their fault is telling me that the second computer was returned and writing to me that the money would be refunded and then continuing to take money out of my bank account. The money was there for payment on one computer.  Not two computers. That is how they dropped the ball.  My account shows them taking money out for the returned computer.  Why can't you get that straight,  I've said it every way I know how.  

How nice it must be to judge other people as fiscally irresponsible when QVC played fast and loose with money that did not belong to them.  I bet if it was your money, your song would be different.  Let's see how well you handle it when your life gets turned upside down by circumstances beyond your control.  And it the middle of it all, some company drains your assets without your approval.  

Esteemed Contributor

@luv-the-Q wrote:

No matter what the OP did or didn't do, she does not deserve this.

Luv-the-Q, You took the words right out of my mouth.  Whatever someone's story, there are always a few posters who seize the opportunity to be mean and nasty.  Wow!

Thank goodness, there are only a few.  There are so many kind and wonderful people I have interacted with on these forums.  

Contributor

Several posts have been removed by QVC because they are mean-spirited comments directed at the original poster.