Honored Contributor

Hooray for more interaction from the moderators!

I like that one of the things the new forums brought to us was more moderator participation. Yes, sometimes they're just deleting posts or threads and including a note to explain why, but it's more than that.

Yesterday I saw a post where someone was asking about a pumpkin pancake recipe she'd seen on air and @Brittany-QVC came in and posted a link to the recipe she thought was being discussed. @Keyai has responded to threads about adding books forums and just now helped a customer find the item she was looking for when she had an incorrect item number.

Before I felt like we were shouting into a void and now the moderators have names and come in to help out when needed. It not only helps the customers but humanizes the mods so they're become real service agents and not just the people who delete posts that break the rules. I very much appreciate this new atmosphere. Thank you, mods!

Respected Contributor

Good or bad I like it as well.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

Re: Hooray for more interaction from the moderators!

I think this should be a place where questions about things on air can be answered by QVC staff.  Good that they are stepping up their game.

Honored Contributor

I agree - I'm glad the moderators are here.

Valued Contributor

NO!

Honored Contributor

I agree. Things are settling down in many ways, and it's nice to see the moderators contributing in all the ways they do. More like sort of a family.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

A family???????  These are strangers on a message board. 

Honored Contributor

I agree - This is a good thing!

They are always polite and helpful.   This is what a moderated board is like.

I can understand that some may prefer to post on an unmoderated board.  I've been on some myself over the years.  But THIS ONE is a moderated board and now they are moderating it more appropriately than ever.

Good job, Mods!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I like it better, too.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

A family???????  These are strangers on a message board. 

It's the posters who treat everyone on the internet as strangers to whom they owe no respect or civility that make moderated forums necessary.

And I meant a "QVC family (of employees)" more than I meant posters should consider themselves one big happy family just because they post here.

While I very much enjoy many fellow posters and our friendships here, there certainly are some posters I would in no way want in my "family."

Life without Mexican food is no life at all