Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: QVC Shipping Practice...What do you think?

@Katcat1 wrote:

First of all, I think it is totally UNACCEPTABLE that it takes 5 or 6 days to ship out.  Other companies I do business with ship out in 1 or 2 days.  With QVC, you almost forget you ordered something.   I think QVC needs to hire more people in shipping dept. instead of all these new hosts.

I completely agree. It’s ridiculous that we can’t edit our item the next day as it’s in process, yet it stays in process for 5 to 6 days. Totally Ridiculous!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

Because what I order from QVC, nowdays anyway, I can't buy elsewhere, I really don't care all that much -  and I've been one of the lucky ones here in the Forums in that so fat my orders have arrived virtually 200% of the time on or before their EDD which I always know before I buy.

I have no idea what percentage of their buyers those we see here actually represent.  For as long as I can remember, companies always hear more often from those with problems than from pleased buyers.   At one time as a NYState Englsih teacher, one of the requirements for mynon-Regents students was to be able to write an acceptable letter of complaint.  No orders to explain how to compliment!  

The posters here on these forums are a random sample of the entire customer base  So, if there are a large number of posters with shipping issues on the forums, then more than likely, there are shipping problems within the entire customer base.

Contributor

Shipping, returns, getting the correct item, everything in this arena with QVC has declined.  I ordered products on 04/20/19 and on 04/25/19, received an email that my shipment would be delayed, but it would arrive by 05/02/19....checked order status today and the items are still in SC, I live in OH, doubt I'm going to get them today....why should it take 10 days for an item to ship and I don't have the ability to cancel?  RIDICULOUS!

Contributor

I totally agree!  Processing is taking forever and I think we should be able to cancel if still in “processing”!  Shipping is a rip-off, especially if you have to return something.  I shop online alot, with QVC AND other companies, and many companies offer free shipping in general, or over a certain dollar amount spent.  With FREE returns!

QVC is making lots of money on shipping, for sure, as you pay both ways.

I used to receive my items within 1 week, but, lately it’s in processing for a week, then shipped out.  Only rarely do I receive something within a few days of ordering ( must be from a wharehouse that is close to me).  I am finding this shipping issue annoying, along with the fact that you can’t cancel an order - unless you catch it within like 30 minutes or something!  GRRRRR!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I know that order status shows processing from essentially the time the order is placed. A lot of times lately, the orders are shipped from the vendor and not QVC, so they really don't have control over that. It is annoying and frustrating not be see movement on our orders, but, as long as they arrive by the EDD, I guess it doesn't matter. They give themselves plenty of padding on the time when they set the EDD. However, if it is still in process on the EDD, I believe we should be able to cancel or get a partial refund (especially the shipping costs) when it shows up.

Amazon has many third-party vendors, and yet they stand behind their principles. When something is not delivered within the 2 day Prime window, they will credit your account. They keep track of the complaints against the vendor and make business decisions, but the point is, they do take responsibility, even if they are not the ones doing the shipping. That is all we ask of QVC. THEY are bringing these products into our homes and THEY need to stand behind what is promised.

Honored Contributor

Get a dictionary because it appears you don't know what "estimated" means.