Valued Contributor

QVC Shipping Practice...What do you think?

[ Edited ]

Just curious.  What do you think about being able to cancel an order if it doesn't ship by QVC's estimated date?  With all the shipping delays that we've been experiencing, I think that we should be given the option to cancel an order if the estimated date is missed. Your thoughts. Have a good day.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Shipping Practice...What do you think?

I think if its not shipped within 3 days we should have the right to cancel.

Honored Contributor

Makes no difference to me.  I don't order anything that I need to receive quickly.

If I'm in a rush, I either go out and buy it ... or buy it at Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Because what I order from QVC, nowdays anyway, I can't buy elsewhere, I really don't care all that much -  and I've been one of the lucky ones here in the Forums in that so fat my orders have arrived virtually 200% of the time on or before their EDD which I always know before I buy.

I have no idea what percentage of their buyers those we see here actually represent.  For as long as I can remember, companies always hear more often from those with problems than from pleased buyers.   At one time as a NYState Englsih teacher, one of the requirements for mynon-Regents students was to be able to write an acceptable letter of complaint.  No orders to explain how to compliment!  

Respected Contributor

I shop quite a bit online, with QVC and with other companies.  Hands down, QVC has the absolute WORST shipping of all companies that I have dealt with.  First of all, shipping should be free, at least free after puchasing a certain dollar amount.  Second, we can't seem to cancel.  Third, shipping is too slow.  Fourth, errors are frequent.  Returns are also too slow.  It's becoming discouraging to shop QVC.  Almost to the point where it's no longer worth the bother.

Honored Contributor

First of all, I think it is totally UNACCEPTABLE that it takes 5 or 6 days to ship out.  Other companies I do business with ship out in 1 or 2 days.  With QVC, you almost forget you ordered something.   I think QVC needs to hire more people in shipping dept. instead of all these new hosts.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I think the orders stay in "processing" way too long.  I think if that status doesn't change within 3 days, cancellation should be an option for us.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

This was the first time I ever had a 10 day shipping wait from QVC and wondered if it was due to the order being placed on a "free shipping" day. I do agree that if the item is not in stock it should be placed in "advanced/waitlist" status giving the customer an option to wait for shipment or cancel.

Honored Contributor

I have decided not to order so many items lately because the $5.50 shipping was a dealbreaker.  Wanted two or three beauty items, but the added cost would be $12.50.  Checked and Macy's  and Sephora had the same items so I ordered with free shipping and free returns (if necessary).

Honored Contributor

I think so,  should be able to if the order hasn't shipped , absolutely any reason not to.

lousy software and shipping model