Contributor

I need help understanding how QVC processed my refund.  The easy payment was $17.59, the $6.95 was deducted, as well as $5 for shipping.  The shipping deduction is confusing me--it seems to me that I've paid shipping to and from, plus the shipping label.  Am I interpreting this wrong?

Honored Contributor

@Phylly wrote:

I need help understanding how QVC processed my refund.  The easy payment was $17.59, the $6.95 was deducted, as well as $5 for shipping.  The shipping deduction is confusing me--it seems to me that I've paid shipping to and from, plus the shipping label.  Am I interpreting this wrong?

Easy pay 17.59, shipping to you $5 does not get refunded, $6.95 shipping back to QVC, is your refund 5.64?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Phylly wrote:

The original s/h you paid to have the item sent to you is no longer refunded so you are out that amount as well.  Your return cost you 11.95 in this case.

Esteemed Contributor

So it sounds like you spent twelve bucks and have nothing to show for it.

Esteemed Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

So it sounds like you spent twelve bucks and have nothing to show for it.

...and that is sad ,isn't it? Sometimes I really wonder why we shop here.  BTW  ,I am serious!

Honored Contributor

This is a prime example of why I don't buy from Q unless I can't find it elsewhere for less or free shipping (which almost never happens).  

Contributor

Yep--you are right on that amount!  I just don't understand..it seems to me you pay for the return shipping with the $6.95 label AND another $5.00.  It appears ya'll agree.

I don't know another retailer that does this. I have loved shopping at QVC for many, many years--I don't return much.  There is no loyalty to long time customers, nothing. 

And lately, my orders are "in process" for 4-14 days.  Again, most retailers process your order in a much shorter time frame.  If we could just hear an explanation about shipping, the challenges QVC faces--something.  I get updates from other retailers--far more than I get from QVC.

Thanks everyone for helping me--I thought that I wasn't clear about QVC's shipping practices, but it turns out, I was!

Honored Contributor

@Phylly, the only "store" that I personally know of that charges s/h and refunds that s/h on a return is HSN.  No other shopping channel refunds the s/h you pay to have the item sent to you.

I don't know of any on-line store that refunds s/h on a return. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Phylly, the only "store" that I personally know of that charges s/h and refunds that s/h on a return is HSN.  No other shopping channel refunds the s/h you pay to have the item sent to you.

I don't know of any on-line store that refunds s/h on a return. 

Some have FREE returns and free shipping--which is I guess built into the price, however, several places do that for makeup and has the same charge for the item that QVC does.  Beats me why people buy makeup at QVC.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Refunds

[ Edited ]

@Phylly wrote:

Yep--you are right on that amount!  I just don't understand..it seems to me you pay for the return shipping with the $6.95 label AND another $5.00.  It appears ya'll agree.

I don't know another retailer that does this. I have loved shopping at QVC for many, many years--I don't return much.  There is no loyalty to long time customers, nothing. 

And lately, my orders are "in process" for 4-14 days.  Again, most retailers process your order in a much shorter time frame.  If we could just hear an explanation about shipping, the challenges QVC faces--something.  I get updates from other retailers--far more than I get from QVC.

Thanks everyone for helping me--I thought that I wasn't clear about QVC's shipping practices, but it turns out, I was!

@Phylly, you didn't pay another $5.00. Its just QVC divides the shipping cost into the easy pay (HSN & Evine you pay the entire shipping in the 1st easy pay). So if you purchase something on 3 easy pays they will divide the $3 shipping up into your easy pays, but if you return it you have to pay the remainder of that shipping. So they just deduct the full shipping amount from your refund.