Contributor

QVC Please Consider Usually Weekday Shows on Weekends

QVC have you considered changing the weekend line ups to show specific hourly shows of your vendors.  For those who work through the week it would be nice to see some of the hourly shows you broadcast through the weekdays on the weekends.  For example, as I am typing this there is a 2 hour show of Valerie Parr Hill that I would like to watch on the weekends.  Some other shows that would be nice for examples is Cottage Farms, Robertas, Quacker Factory, Joan Rivers, jewelry shows, etc.   Please note this is nothing against any of the hosts, in fact some of the ones on the weekends are My Favorites, it is just the same old products on the weekends.  Also, it gets so OLD watching the Today's Special Value for hours at a time.  I love gardening days, but this past Sunday, the majority of the good hours was showing the Dynatrap as it is with all the special values.  I hope you will take this into consideration, even if it is just some of the weekends. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Please Consider Usually Weekday Shows on Weekends

I was thinking about that Dynatrap thingy.  Of course I bought two of them last year and never even set mine out!

Anyway, I think a lot of QVC's customers are in the process of 'downsizing' (as I should be).  Many are widows or live alone.  We will or won't have large yards.

On one hand they sell to people in their 50's and beyond often widows who live alone and are retired or about to retire (listen to the callers).  It's all the same, just listen.  I get asked if I want to talk very often.  Almost every time I call into HSN and I always do automatic calling.  Usually always on QVC too.

My point is it seems like the callers are a lot like me.  If you look at the clothes and shoes they sell I think I am their target audience....

It's funny because my friends used to make fun of me buying so much QVC stuff and now they call me because they are watching QVC.  They are a few years younger and they've retired and are becoming widows, etc.  Just like me.

Just today my best friend called me and she was watching Mary Beth selling the oven thing.  She said, "I might get it...I know you got it".  I said, "Yes!  I bought the red one at midnight".  Ha!  She also bought a mattress from QVC (just like me)....She didn't know I'd bought a mattress.  It's funny really.

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure the callers are a true indication of the demographics.  I think it's just an indication of the demographic calling in.  I'm in my early 40's.  I'd never use the phone to make a call to place an order for anything.  I have an app for that.

While I rarely watch QVC during the day during the week, I do browse what's been on the air on the app a few times a day.  I agree with the OP, sometimes I'd like to see those kinds of shows on the weekends. 

Trusted Contributor

I've wondered about this too.  For people like me who work during the week, it would be nice to see some of these things on the weekend.  

Valued Contributor

In total agreement with you. The Q really needs to change things around and add different programing. Wouldn't that be wonderful. One can only hope.

Honored Contributor

my sister doesn't have cable she wishes Q would go to a free channel just think of all the people they could pick up. 

For some it's not that they can't afford it they're out in the boonies and can't get it unless they get their own satellite.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree! I hardly ever watch on the weekend. After AM Style on Saturday, I'm watching the Hallmark Channel. QVC has home goods, electronics and cooking shows. None of which I'm interested in. The TSV's are hour shows at times, and very boring.