Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,646
Registered: ‎01-19-2015

QVC Could Learn From Zappos.com Re: Shipping & Returns

Many customers here on the forums have complained about slow— and expensive— shipping and returns. QVC has acknowledged the slowness problem. Well, Zappos.com is doing something right, and the powers-that-be at QVC could learn from them. I had an excellent experience with them this week, and want to recount it.

 

Last Sunday evening, I ordered a robe from the Zappos site. They offered free two-day shipping. I received it on Tuesday, but l didn’t like the fit. I simply clicked their “start a return” option on their site, printed a free UPS return label, and dropped it off at a UPS shipping center on Wednesday morning. They offer a full refund to your credit card as soon as the item is scanned, if you choose that option. I did, and by Wed. evening l received an email that a refund had been issued! I checked my credit card statement online this morning, and the credit has already posted. All this in less than a week, and during the busiest time of the year!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Regular Contributor
Posts: 176
Registered: ‎03-15-2010

Re: QVC Could Learn From Zappos.com Re: Shipping & Returns

I could not agree more!  Zappos is the gold standard, they go above and beyond.  Free 365 day returns, amazing.  I LOVE Zappos!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,662
Registered: ‎12-17-2011

Re: QVC Could Learn From Zappos.com Re: Shipping & Returns

Zappos ordering, returns and customer service the best. I’ve been ordering from them for about fifteen years. Never had a problem.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 58,538
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: QVC Could Learn From Zappos.com Re: Shipping & Returns

[ Edited ]

And... for those who don't know, Zappos is part of the Amazon empire... That said, their shipping and returns were both exceptional before they were acaquired by Amazon. The key is they remain so. Amazon didn't buy the company and then procede to try to make it over, you know, thinking Qurate and their management of Zulily, if that's what you want to call it...


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,057
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: QVC Could Learn From Zappos.com Re: Shipping & Returns


@stevieb wrote:

And... for those who don't know, Zappos is part of the Amazon empire... That said, their shipping and returns were both exceptional before they were acaquired by Amazon. The key is they remain so. Amazon didn't buy the company and then procede to try to make it over, you know, thinking Qurate and their management of Zulily, if that's what you want to call it...


@stevieb    And 6 pm which is a favorite of mine.  I like great shoes at reduced prices.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,470
Registered: ‎06-06-2019

Re: QVC Could Learn From Zappos.com Re: Shipping & Returns

Apples to oranges.  There's a comparison with erverything.  Can't expect the same every company to be run the same.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,523
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: QVC Could Learn From Zappos.com Re: Shipping & Returns

@handygalOr Zappos could learn from QVC how do add TV to their offerings -  with models and designers of their clothing, shoes, etc.?

 

Can they figure how how to do all that and still offer their generous shipping and return?  

 

Can we get both from one business?  I don't have that answer.

 

BTW-  I might never have heard of Zappos were it not for QVC!   Only because they pay to run this Forum and let us mention competing companies do I know about them.

 

 

 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 58,538
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: QVC Could Learn From Zappos.com Re: Shipping & Returns


@lmtep wrote:

Apples to oranges.  There's a comparison with erverything.  Can't expect the same every company to be run the same.  


No, but you can expect a large and established retailer to manage their order fulfillment, shipping, return and customer service components capably and to do so consistently. When they don't, they lose sales and customers to those that, well, do.


In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,304
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: QVC Could Learn From Zappos.com Re: Shipping & Returns


@lmtep wrote:

Apples to oranges.  There's a comparison with erverything.  Can't expect the same every company to be run the same.  


you can't of course, but when returning something, customers should/need to be able to track the package and find out when their credits will be issued.

as it is right now Q is lacking in that regard, 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 58,538
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: QVC Could Learn From Zappos.com Re: Shipping & Returns


@millieshops wrote:

@handygalOr Zappos could learn from QVC how do add TV to their offerings -  with models and designers of their clothing, shoes, etc.?

 

Can they figure how how to do all that and still offer their generous shipping and return?  

 

Can we get both from one business?  I don't have that answer.

 

BTW-  I might never have heard of Zappos were it not for QVC!   Only because they pay to run this Forum and let us mention competing companies do I know about them.

 

 

 

 


There's really no need for Zappos to run TV spots with models and, you know, everything... Because if you get an item (and we're talking name brand items...) home and don't like it, you haven't paid to have it shipped to you or to ship it back... You just return it... And you have a year to do it... Oh, and incidentally, go take a look at Zappos, because it's all about shoes, among many other things... Pretty clearly, offering the TV spots, you know, with models and lots of house brand 'designers' and all that hasn't exactly diminished the shipping, return or customer service issues... One poster recently noted being on the phone with CS and being told there were 600 callers on hold waiting to talk to a representative... Maybe they should hire fewer screeching hosts and hire a few more operators... Just sayin'...

 

Contrary to what some would like to believe, and would like to have us all believe, all is not beautiful in Qville...


In my pantry with my cupcakes...