Occasional Contributor

QVC 2 Prices — disappointed again

It happens so often and discourages me from making purchases on QVC 2.  The prices being displayed aren't valid.  In spite of the small notice that offers may have changed, this practice seems at least rather deceptive.   Why not keep the prices until you quite advertising a product?!   

I understand the inventory changes.  I don't understand advertising false prices.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC 2 Prices — disappointed again

@Nebrquilter   sorry you are disappointed, but many, many companies run sales and then continue to sell products at other prices.  

i would love it if the sale prices on items everywhere stayed in place, but then there would likely be many fewer special prices.

If QVC had not posted the pricing warning you saw I would agree the price was false.  

Honored Contributor

It is NOT false pricing when the disclaimer is in plain view.

Honored Contributor

It's not deceptive or false pricing.  The notice should be enough for anyone to understand that the offers and prices are not current in the repeat program you're watching.  

Trusted Contributor

It isn't the pricing that bothers me. When I have watched QVC2 I see something I want, pick out the color and size and go to order it and THEN it says it is sold out. Why can't they put a banner or something  across the screen when that product is gone. This has happened at least 4 times. Irritating. They know before they Re-air the show that the product is no longer available.

Occasional Contributor

So "pay no attention to what we say.  Read the small fine print, if you can".  I remain disappointed 

Trusted Contributor

The Prices are not false as it is clearly stated that offers may be over.  Those of us that have been watching for any time at all know this. 

As for items being sold out?  Have you watched a Valerie Parr Hill show on the main channel?  Some of her stuff is sold out within seconds of being aired.  I am making that comparison because it happens.  Not a big deal.  When I finally decide to pull the trigger on something and it is sold out, I just figure it wasn't mean to be.  I am disappointed a minute or so then move on with my life.

If it bothers you that much, don't watch QVC2.  Not being harsh but if a TV show bothered me, I just wouldn't watch it.

Regular Contributor

It does say right at the top of the info box, "previously recorded." And, there is the disclaimer about price and inventory right below the price. Just last night, my mom wanted something from Q2, and I told her that I would need to check on my tablet to see if the item was still available and at that price.

I do think they should put up those disclaimers on the individual shows you can watch on the Roku. It should be obvious to the viewer that inventory and prices may have changed, but why not cover all the bases.