Occasional Contributor

QVC 2 AM Style with Mary

[ Edited ]

Mary is a relatively new host with a very pleasing personality and manner.  This morning she introduced a question for both viewers and the company representatives on air with her which concerned their efforts at spring cleaning.  I think she would benefit from looking more carefully at the types of questions posed by more experienced hosts on their shows.  They usually ask the viewer to share some pleasant memories or tastes, such as favorite foods or vacation pastimes.  Her question put her co-hosts on the spot, and made most of us feel so guilty!  i suppose it could be beneficial for QVC if we interpret it as closet cleaning, as some presenters did, since Marie Kondo-ing our closets would necessitate replacing the discarded items with a new QVC wardrobe.  I wish Mary luck, and hope she will come up with less guilt inducing, pleasanter topics in the future. 

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC 2 AM Style with Mary

@VeteranQer wrote:

Mary is a relatively new host with a very pleasing personality and manner.  This morning she introduced a question for both viewers and the company representatives on air with her which concerned their efforts at spring cleaning.  I think she would benefit from looking more carefully at the types of questions posed by more experienced hosts on their shows.  They usually ask the viewer to share some pleasant memories or tastes, such as favorite foods or vacation pastimes.  Her question put her co-hosts on the spot, and made most of us feel so guilty!  i suppose it could be beneficial for QVC if we interpret it as closet cleaning, as some presenters did, since Marie Kondo-ing our closets would necessitate replacing the discarded items with a new QVC wardrobe.  I wish Mary luck, and hope she will come up with less guilt inducing, pleasanter topics in the future. 

wish they would stop with those silly questions and devote more of the air time to details of what is being sold

Honored Contributor

What was Mary's embarrassing question?  Did she ask if anyone had started their spring cleaning yet? 

Occasional Contributor

I don't remember it verbatim, but it was something to that effect.  i suppose it's not embarrassing to those who are really into it.

Esteemed Contributor

@VeteranQer wrote:

@VeteranQer 

What do you mean "made most of us feel so guilty"? Guilty about what? Guilty if we haven't starting our spring cleaning? And what's so difficult about answering? Either "no I haven't started it yet" or "i'm already done" or "i don't do spring cleaning, I keep up with it all year" or ......whatever. It's not a hard question and requires no hard answer. I'm not understanding what is making you feel guilty and think the listeners felt guilty.

Esteemed Contributor

@VeteranQer wrote:

Who's us?  This is time most people talk about doing a thorough cleaning.  The term Spring Cleaning has probably been around for centuries.  What and why guilt?

Honored Contributor

Which Mary?  Nelson or DiAngelo?

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Which Mary?  Nelson or DiAngelo?

@Daysdee- Mary Nelson

Honored Contributor

Mary is trying her best not to have the same fate as CP, she will come up with and say and do anything that will keep her employed. I get what the OP is saying and she can feel guilty for not starting her Spring closet cleaning if she wants to.

Honored Contributor

Good grief.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)