Super Contributor

Re: Q is still putting small items in large boxes?

You're so right, we need to save resources. Large national companies (such as the Q) should demonstrate leadership in conservation and this starts with the smallest things...like packaging. 
The retail company I retired from recycled all cardboard and packaging and this was an enormous amount. We considered recycling as part of our commitment to our environment. So...good suggestion!

Valued Contributor

@Gorgf I hear you. I break down my big boxes and offer them for free on my local FB page to anyone who needs them. They're scooped up within hours. Mostly from people moving or Veterans shelters. Recycling is a good solution for the community at large. 

Honored Contributor

I see this with other retailers too. I ordered a dog mat from Chewy this week and it arrived in a huge box. It could have been rolled up and sent in a smaller box.  It drives me crazy since it uses trees, recycling efforts, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Last week I got Curtis Stone's lid rest sent in a box large enough to hold an air fryer.  DH notices size.  Big box?  It must be expensive.  Little plastic envelope with a fabulous piece of jewelry?  He totally ignores them.

OOOhhh  @depglass 

Sounds like a green light for jewelry purchases to me!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I see this with other retailers too. I ordered a dog mat from Chewy this week and it arrived in a huge box. It could have been rolled up and sent in a smaller box.  It drives me crazy since it uses trees, recycling efforts, etc. 

I hate wasting too @CalminHeart .  Hopeully the OP will recyle.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

DJ's mom:

I agree with you 100%! Besides, it matters when it comes to returning items as well as it will cost more to return something in larger packages. There are other reasons as well that it makes a difference. I think it's a very valid concern.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Valued Contributor

How about a too large item shoved into a too small bag?  Yeah, I had a lovely experience in December trying to get a parka out of a tee shirt sized bag.  A winter parka.  Big. Puffy. HUGE. I ended up in the urgent care having to get stitches on my index finger knuckle because the scissors slipped.  I haven't purchased anything from QVC since then. They win the award for consistently the worst customer experience ever.  They can keep their overpriced schmattas.  

Esteemed Contributor

People complain that the boxes aren't big enough and the item gets crushed. I would prefer for the box to be too big than too small.

Just break the box down and recycle. The garbage truck picks up the garbage and the recycle truck picks up the recyclables. They visit my neighborhood every Monday like clock work.

Trusted Contributor

In my community, many of us recycle. In addition, just yesterday I received a delivery that looked as it it were a pair of shoes. When I opened the box, I found two Quacker Factory shirts,neatly folded in half, inside the box.  So, today I would say that someone is trying to be more responsible at one QVC facility.